Interested in meeting or talking to: Anyone

I am a 53-year-old Female

I am a 55-year-old Male
Meet and talk to 20,078 OstoMates

Cutting Size Hole In Bags

Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 2:50 pm

Little red, I make my own poo spray  with alcohol and a few drops of lemon oils. ( Walmart about $5) Bet it would mix well with baby oil instead of rubbing alcohol for your pouch too! One bottle of oils will last forever! 

Pup

Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 4:45 pm

Hey pup,  You mean mixing

the lemon oil with the baby oil,  ?  

Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 6:44 pm

Yep, wonder if that would work! I would not spray the alcohol/lemon oil in my pouch. Pretty sure “Betty” would not like that( the alcohol) but I wonder if the oils would mix with baby oil! You would have better odor control and the lubricant you need to assist poo to the bottom! I have both so I will have to try it and let you know! 

Posted: Tue May 28, 2019 10:44 pm
mamatembo wrote:

I have an oval shape to the stoma with widest part being on the left. I have drawn a template for it. Then I get a box or two of wafers out and outline the template on to each wafer. My son then cuts the box(es) of wafers out with an Exacto knife and it works beautifully.

Could you pls show me how to go about makin the template.mine is oval to...high on left and touching skin on the right...tia

Posted: Fri May 31, 2019 9:55 am

Hi Ladyhawke.  My suggestion is to use the templates that come with the wafers.  Find the size that begins to fit over the stoma and begin cutting it as needed to slide all the way to your skin.  It's tedious.  Take your time; be patient.  It will work.

Good luck,

Mike

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:43 pm

Hi Ladyhawke.  Forget what I just wrote and refer to my original suggestion to get samples from Convatec.  Their number is 1-800-422-8811.

Good luck,

Mike 

Posted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:57 pm

I always precut to get a good fit. You can get precut and trim the ends for your oval stoma. I use the one inch circle to start to make my template.  Cut the hole in a paper or thing cardboard. I trim it to make it oval and just keep fitting it over my stoma till it fits perfectly around my stoma. Then I use that piece of paper I cut the template, lay it on the pouch or flange and use a pen to draw on the outside of the pouch before I take the protective coating off. Cut the pouch and Trim it to fit perfectly every time! 

Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:09 am

I have a question,  when measuring  do I just measure the stoma itself or do we measure the whole area where the stoma is attatched to the skin.   Am I making sense ?   I make my whole in the bag to just fit  over the stoma itself  which is 1 inch,  If I went to the edge of the skin it would be 1 1/8 inch.

I have never known  which to measure.

Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:42 pm

The stoma is measured from top to bottom and side to side to side of just the stoma.  You should get a template in the box with your pouches to use as a guide! They are not precise but you can place the template over your stoma to see which one is closest to fit all around the stoma, against it but not on it. Cut the template a little at a time till you think it has the perfect fit and then use that as your guide when cutting your pouch. If it is too big, that is okay but too small will hurt and your stoma May bleed.  Hope this helps

,Puppyluv 

Go to page: Previous  1, 2
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.