I am a 26-year-old Male
Interested in meeting or talking to: Anyone

I am a 51-year-old Male
Interested in meeting or talking to: Female
Meet and talk to 20,082 OstoMates

Sex

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:05 pm

pietrzak,

Thank you yes we have been online for some time keeping my fingers crossed.

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:27 pm

I believe honesty is the best policy. If the individual is scared away by the fact that you have a ileostomy, he was not meant for you. That's just my opinion.   

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:49 pm
I have a Colostomy (Nov., 19, 2013), I have found out, it is better to be up front and tell them. I have been dating since April of 2014 and only one time it was an issue for her. And yes, I did a bad number on my head. I am about to be in a relationship now and she is fully aware.

My thought process (after the one) is, if that is an issue for them, then my hygiene routine will also be an issue. Do not sacrifice your osteomyelitis health for the chance of meeting “Mr. Right”.

Best wishes for you and I hope what ever you decide, it is the right thing for you.
Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:09 am

Hi Sooziq, I think the main thing here is to first totally check this guy out when you first meet as it is often the case that people are totally different in the flesh than they are online, your safety comes first before you even think of a intimate relationship. As for your Illeostomy, if you want to take the relationship further after meeting this guy then I would just bring the subject up and let him know, if he's a shallow Pr**k you will know straight away, but definitley bring the subject up before any real emotional connections start to develop.

Tony M

Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:37 am

TonyM

I total agree with you I would not get intimate immediatly,I need to see him in person and become friends not just online friends.So far he has been very nice to me and agentleman oh and I am older than him he does not care he also lost his wife 3 years ago.so he knows what I have been going through.Thanks for your opinion that is along the lines I am thinking.

Soozi

Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:50 pm

I've tried both being upfront in an on-line profile and waiting until you know someone a little better. I'll be honest and tell you when it's in my profile I get very little interest. But when I engage in an on-line conversation for a while and it looks like things may move along, I always tell them "Before this goes further, I have something to explain..." It seems that if I have established a decent base by then I have a better chance of moving forward with this person.

Either way it can be tough... no responses because you're upfront about it or having someone ghost you when you finally explain.

Good luck.

Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:46 pm

I’ve had an ileostomy for most of my adult life. Dating and pairing up isn’t just about being sexy but I find that a lot of people don’t put any time in trying to dress sexy, keep themselves fit, or have interesting things to say.

i say go in confident and vivacious. This guy has to earn the right to get intimate with you. Use some sass and guile. People love confidence. It isn’t his right to know on the first date. Lots of people have physical challenges and shouldn’t feel obligated to list these on the first few dates.

Also, invest in a well fittting corset. Tell him after you’ve had sex. Good luck! Life is short, so live it to the fullest!

Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:49 pm

Hello Sooziq!

I would meet him publicly so he has an opportunity to see how I carry myself. That I'm clean and don't smell.

At the end of the date I'd let him know that I'm an ostomate! If the date was nice I'd let him know I enjoyed myself and hope we can do it again sometime.

Then go home! If he wants to see you again he'll call.

Posted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:48 am

Hi Sooziq,

I'm in the same boat you're in........just started online dating and constantly debating when to tell about my ostomy.....and my being short gutted, which makes my appeal even worse to those who like to be very active.  I agree a lot with what Bain said.  You have to remember that everyone you meet/date is different.  Some guys will be jerks and you shouldn't care if they walk/run away.  Others will be iffy and maybe (if you're lucky) one or two will be a keeper.  I never get my hopes up too high with any one person because they seem to be making more and more single people every day, and if the one you're dealing with now isn't the "one" you'll forget him completely when you do meet the right guy.  The way I look at it is like this.........if I didn't have an ostomy and I started dating someone who did have one.....would I care?  Or if I started dating someone who had a family history of cancer and not living past 60.......would I run for the hills?  Not if I thought I really loved her.  People tend to confuse "like a real lot" with "love".  The later is supposed to be unconditional.  If there's a condition that you can't deal with......it's not love.  Back to that girl I'm dating with the ostomy........if I didn't get that "butterflies in my stomach feeling" when I was with her I'd probably end the relationship because I know I'm really wasting my time.  Not because she has an ostomy, but because she's not really the one for me.  I don't want to waste time dating and getting into a relationship with someone because it's convenient or because I'm lazy, I want to find the "one" I'll be with the rest of my life, not just a Saturday night every once in a while.  So what I've been doing is waiting for a few dates to figure out if I really want to pursue a relationship with this person and give her a chance to do the same.  If you're checking all his boxes, ie, not a psycho, not self centered or a diva, attractive to him, etc, etc, having an ostomy isn't going to make any difference to him.  If you're not checking all his boxes it gives him a convenient (in his mind) reason to get the heck out of Dodge.......and you should be glad he does.   

So bottom line....every guy will be different.  Give each a chance to love you and see where it goes.  If it's right then having an ostomy won't make a bit of difference because he's going to want to be with you no matter what. If when you tell him he runs for the hills he wasn't meant for you in the first place and you need to forget about him and focus on finding the right guy (who's out there looking for you).  Life is way too short to sweat the big stuff.

;O)

regards,

bob

Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:43 pm

Bob, Thanks I have told him he is fine with it!Lucky me.We are seeing where this relationship goes Do not want to rush into anything to fast.He is a really nice guy and a gentelman a few years younger than me but he does not care about age.I really really like him.

Go to page: Previous  1, 2
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.