Securing the Stoma: Best Ostomy Safety Belts?

In this discussion
Replies
Views
About
This topic discusses the best ostomy safety belts and methods for securing the stoma, with participants sharing their experiences and recommendations.
al1950

Anyone, help me out. What are the best methods for securing the stoma?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,093 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Hygienist3K
What do you want to know?
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
al1950

What are the best ways to hold the stoma appliance in place? I use Skin Tac, which helps a lot. But what belts work the best to prevent it from moving and leaking? Thanks for your reply and have a good one.

mariner752

Hello al1950.

I use Hollister Urostomy pouches with the serial number 29301. These pouches are made with a lug on either side of the pouch, and Hollister provides an elastic belt with a small plastic hook at each end. They are simple to fit and comfortable to wear.

al1950

Thanks for the reply, will give them a try this week. It sounds like an elastic belt with hooks attached. Will make one in the morning. Once again, thanks for your email.

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
iMacG5

Hey Al, I forgot to mention that I wear a hernia belt.  It was custom made for my appliance by Nu Hope Labs.  It's impossible for the appliance to move with this belt.

Mike