9 Years of Triumph: My Stomaversary Journey - Overcoming Ulcerative Colitis

Replies
Views
Charleston man

Today, 9 years ago, I was in the operating room getting my new life-saving friend. I was too sick to be scared and too weak to care. Though, as any new ostomy, there were tough times. But with sheer determination and a will to get my life back from having ulcerative colitis, it has been a road to accomplishments. Mostly, being able now to enjoy playing with my grandchildren and watching them grow. Having my wife not worrying so much about me not being well, though she still worries but it's a given. Haven't looked back since.

mild_mannered_super_hero

:)

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,423 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Angelicamarie

Charleston guy.... It doesn't rain every day, the sun does shine.

Angelicamarie

Charleston man

You're so right, Angi, and the sun has been shining ever since.

Puppyluv56

Hey Charleston Guy!

Glad to hear things are well with you! There will always be ups and downs, but most of us are glad to ride that rollercoaster versus the alternative! Just keep laughing at the bad stuff!

Take care!

Puppy

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Charleston man

Indeed, puppy, as the saying goes, laughter is the best medicine. Life itself has ups and downs, whether you have an ostomy or not. It's the challenge of living.

NewlifeVictoria

Hi Robert, thanks for sharing with us and you feel better and I would love that too, playing with my grandkids but I wouldn't have any. My daughter doesn't want kids. Anyway, enjoy and celebrate and have a happy Easter!! Victoria

Past Member

Congratulations on your Stomaversary, Bobby! I think you've handled the whole thing with good humor and aplomb! Keep it up and keep smiling! Attitude is everything. Have a great Easter!

Linda

Charleston man

I want to thank all those who wished me the very best with my Stomaversary. It has been, as we all know, a road to acceptance. Keeping a positive attitude and the will not to let it get the best of me, it's become a second nature to me. Through all the trials and tribulations in these past nine years, I'm looking forward to another nine years and beyond.

Again, thanks to all.

May everyone keep a positive attitude and don't let your ostomy rule you, but you rule your ostomy.

And may everyone have a happy and safe Easter.

Puppyluv56

My one-year Stomaversary is the 25th! Seems like it has been years! Lol

Puppy

disneykat

Just wanted to say hello. I hope you're doing well.