Finding Light in the Dark: Embracing Growth and Resilience

Replies
Views
Angelicamarie

All of us at some time in our life will go through dark places. We may have experienced the loss of a loved one, a critical illness, divorce, or a child who broke your heart by disappointing you with their actions or behavior. It's easy to get discouraged and give up on your dreams. You know, just settle for whatever.

Think of it like a seed, if the seed stays in the light it will never become what it needs to be. The seed needs to be planted in the soil, in a dark place so that's what's inside will come to light. In ways, people are similar. Things such as dreams and goals, various talents, and potential that will only come to life in a dark place.

In the dark place is where we really grow. Character is developed, we learn to trust and persevere. In the dark places, we learn to listen, reevaluate our priorities, and spend time with family. You have a better appreciation for living.

We enjoy the good times a lot better and everything appears or seems to go our way. For me, "it wasn't the good times that have brought out the best in me. It was the times I didn't think I could make it because I couldn't see a way. It was the dark times that helped me find courage and strength."

Best wishes,

Angelicamarie

Past Member

That's a good way of looking at things, Angel. I guess we have to experience the dark in order to really appreciate the light. It's good that you can appreciate both.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,358 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bill

Well said!

Angelicamarie

Weirdnewlife... By no means is it easy, sometimes the mountains seem so high. If it was always good we would honestly never know our strength. Thanks for your comments Lin.

Take care,

Angelicamarie

Angelicamarie

Bill... I appreciate it!

Take care,

Angelicamarie

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
mild_mannered_super_hero

Very true, Angie.

Angelicamarie

G'morning mmsh, thanks for replying. I'm facing yet another mountain hopefully I'll be able to climb.

Take care,

Angelicamarie

Dalmom

Thank you so much for the beautiful writing. I'm in a dark space now and you're giving me a safe place to figure out how to get it out.

Angelicamarie

Dalmon... I'm so sorry to hear that... not a good place to be. I do hope it gets better. I really do!

Best wishes,

Angelicamarie