Painful Abdominal Cramping

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Jabra0419

Can anybody have experienced painful abdominal cramping with gas? I had my colostomy surgery 3 months ago. I had less output about 10 days ago. I was admitted last Thursday and am still on NPO. My oncologist thinks it's the chemo pills I have been taking for adjuvant therapy.

The doctor said my bowels are inflamed. My stoma has gotten bigger.

Please let me know if you experienced this.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,102 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

iMacG5

Hey Jabra, symptoms like you describe could come from something as simple as the wafer being too tight around the stoma.  I'm sure your doctors are way smarter than I just suggested but, ya know, we sometimes ignore the obvious.

Hope it all gets better real fast.

Mike

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Morning glory

Hi Jabari, I hope by now you are feeling much better. If your bowels are inflamed, my guess is that this may be the reason for your pain. Anything I say is merely a guess though. Please keep us informed.

Jabra0419

Yes, I just got out of the hospital. They took X-rays and CT scan, they diagnosed my case as "ileus" (slow bowel motility). I was put on NPO, then clear liquid and now on soft diets.

I am still having abdominal pain but lesser pain. I just have to be patient and walk a lot.