Meet and talk to 20,077 OstoMates

Painful Abdominal Cramping

Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:58 pm

Can anybody have experienced painful abdominal cramping with gas. I had my colostomy surgery 3 months ago. I had less output about 10 days ago. I was admitted last Thursday and am still on npo. My oncologist think it’s the chemo pills I have been taking for adjuvant therapy.

The Doctor said my bowels are inflamed. My stoma is got bigger.

please let me know if you experienced this.

Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:13 pm

Hey Jabra, symptoms like you describe could come from something as simple as the wafer being too tight around the stoma.  I'm sure your doctors are way smarter than I just suggested but, ya know, we sometimes ignore the obvious.

Hope it all gets better real fast.

Mike

Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:48 pm

Hi Jabari, I hope by now you are feeling much better. If your bowels are inflamed my guess is that this may be the reason for your pain. Anything I say is merely a guess though. Please keep us informed.

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 3:55 pm

Yes i just got out of the hospital. They took xrays and ct scan, they diagnose my case as “ilieus” (slow bowel motility). I was put on npo, then clear liquid and now on soft diets.

Am still having abdominal pain but lesser pain. I just have to be patient and walk a lot. 

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.