Advertisement
ConvaTec - OstoMySecrets
Advertisement
ConvaTec - EASE Strips
Meet and talk to 20,011 OstoMates.
Meet and talk to 20,011 OstoMates.

Things Don't Work Like They Used To..

Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:43 pm

..infact after they removed a lot of my big intestine (stage 3 colorectal cancer) now my male parts won't do anything. Is that normal?? It's extremely frustrating. Does anyone else have this situation? 

I'm new to all this. I'm doing ok with the permanent stoma, but if anyone wants to talk, about anything please do. Thanks.

Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:58 am
Hi mtnman how recent was your surgery, I had resection and moving of my stoma from right to left side and couldn't get my parts to stand at attention for at least a month if not longer, when the stomach muscle have been cut I think the strength is lost.
Advertisement
ConvaTec - EASE Strips
Advertisement
ConvaTec - OstoMySecrets
Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:50 pm

Thanks Ron, it's been 3 months now and the stoma and incision are doing well. I'm sorry you had to go through the left to right. Once is more than enough. I think when they cut through all the nerves gave me this frustration. 😬 Feel free to message any time Ron. Thanks

Posted: Wed May 01, 2019 4:55 pm

male troubles are quite common after surgery. my function slowly returned although never back to what it was pre surgery. you are still young enough that its very likely you will regain most of what you lost, there are several meds that should help and i suggest you ask your doctor about which one s best in your circumstance. good luck

Posted: Wed May 01, 2019 5:12 pm

Thanks Super Hero, I appreciate the reply. Before the surgery I was told that it probably wouldn't work after the surgery. We'll wait and see?

Posted: Wed May 08, 2019 11:53 am

I was 18 when I had my surgery and function did not return for about 6 months.  Hang in there (pun not intended, lol).  I am now 62 and need a little help with trimix.  Google it .

Posted: Wed May 08, 2019 7:32 pm

Will do and thanks for the info kenmatt.

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.