Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,228 members

Still alive & kicking Part 2

Posted by vulcanBMk2, on Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:33 pm

Reply by xnine, on Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:37 pm

Cool, a little smokey though.

Reply by Mrs.A, on Wed May 01, 2019 3:10 pm

Wow, that's scary stuff. Why was it going so fast? It looked like it had pasenger cars attached.

Reply by Xerxes, on Thu May 02, 2019 7:31 pm

Just think about the air pollution.

Xerxes

Reply by panther, on Fri May 03, 2019 3:59 pm

Beautiful engine....just need one of them on the Seven Valley Railway for me next time I go there! nothing beats seeing the sight of that steam when your on or it passes you can't help but put a smile on your face and seeing the look on childrens faces 

Reply by vulcanBMk2, on Sat May 04, 2019 10:06 am

n Hello ..yea I know the Severn Valley Railway quite well  . Being born & raised in Wolverhampton  I remember it before they ripped the original tracks up & it was agoing concern as British Rail. My local  Heritage Railway  is now  the Great Western Steam Railway  , running between  Cheltenham Race course  & Broadway ....with the  possibility of re laying the track  all the way on to Stratford on Avon . 

I think the " Tornado " film was speeded up a bit ...as even on  Railtrack  national rail , her speed would be limited to  60--70 mph  for normal Express running...

Just take care& Stay well....   Pete .

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.