Don't Forget Skin Prep After Bath!

Replies
Views
xnine

I had a bath the other day and my flange gave way in two days. I forgot to put skin prep on. There must have been oil on my skin after the bath. I often get 10 days on my flange. So this is just a reminder to myself to not forget the skin prep after a bath. When I shower, it is not an issue.

Puppyluv56

I only use adhesive remover and dry before putting my flange on. Never had any problems and I am in my pool every day! Still get 10 days out of the flange. What do you prep with X?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,370 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

xnine

Smith & Nephew No-Sting Skin-Prep or Cavilon by 3M No Sting Barrier Film both work well.

Puppyluv56

Will keep that in mind if anything changes with me!

Xerxes

Wow, you guys must hold a record for how long the your flange stays on. I use Uni-Solve to remove excess adhesive and both Skin Prep and Karaya powder and never got more than 6 days between changes over 40 years with an ileostomy. Congrats!

Xerxes

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Puppyluv56

Hi X,

It is crazy! When I first started, I was lucky to last a day! Funny how finding the right product for you makes such a difference. I was told to use all that paste and powders and was given some in a kit from the hospital! The more stuff I used, the worse it got! Less is best for me! Lucky to have good skin, I guess!

Pup

dls

Take more showers.