Advertisement
ConvaTec - OstoMySecrets
Advertisement
ConvaTec - EASE Strips
Meet and talk to 20,011 OstoMates.
Meet and talk to 20,011 OstoMates.

Dressing For Formal. Occasions

Posted: Tue May 14, 2019 7:22 am

My husband has problems when needing to wear a suit because he cant tuck in his shirt.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Posted: Tue May 14, 2019 10:45 am

Suspenders and a larger waist band on his pants.

Advertisement
ConvaTec - EASE Strips
Advertisement
ConvaTec - OstoMySecrets
Posted: Tue May 14, 2019 11:31 am

Hello 

I wear a Stealth Belt and can tuck in a shirt if needed.

Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 3:43 pm

Hi RSL.  I spent last Friday at my grandson's wedding from around noon 'till past midnight.  I wore the same suit I wore to my son's wedding 17 years ago as his Best Man.  That was about 7 years before I had any knowledge of ostomies or guts in general.  So, because of about 20 more pounds on this body and a stoma right at the beltline I visited a taylor and had the waist taken out about 3 inches.  Then I got $6 suspenders, tucked my shirt in and attained reasonable comfort.  I did not use an EZ-Vent on the pouch because that would've dug into the waist band. 

Enjoy the occasion, make a speech and be thankful you could be there.

Respectfully,

Mike

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 1:48 pm

Has he tried a wrap? Ostomy secrets make unisex ones in black. I have to use one no matter what I wear because the stoma is right at my waist. I then put pouch in the wrap and the wrap on top of the pants. I can tuck in all around except right where stoma is, so for that couple of inches I fold the shirt up under itself and pull top of wrap over it, so it gives allusion of being nicely tucked in. I get them on ostomysecrects.com

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.