Any Updates on the Bionic Sphincter?

In this discussion
Replies
Views
About
This topic discusses any recent updates or experiences related to the bionic sphincter, providing insights and information for those interested in this medical device.
spyder
Has anyone heard anything on this?
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,086 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Sasquatch

I had a friend tell me something about his sister-in-law having an electronic butthole. Supposedly, it even has a remote control. I thought he was being his normal self and messing with me, but he was serious. I never investigated it. There is no use, my rear end has been sewn shut.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Dancingthrough

Interesting. Mine is sewn closed as well. If there is such a thing, there should be a way to unsew and reconstruct?

Puppyluv56

What an interesting thought! I always said that with today's technology, it should be better than it is! At least have a valve where you can empty your colon when you want and not have to deal with bags and leaks and all the other issues surrounding an ostomy! Not a happy thought as far as the ostomy supply companies go! I even told my colorectal surgeon that I would do the research and write the grants if he would finance! He played poormouth! Lol

Shitt Happens

Hummmm, how did you read in my head ... loll .... I often say that I cannot believe we have not invented a sphincter electronic yet.

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
scorsby

Hi.
'ButtApp' and connect it to your phone.
Lol lol lol
John.

Shitt Happens

Lmao

bukowski

That app... Would that be an upload or download?

Puppyluv56

Lol! Way too funny! Now if my iRobot can be told to go vacuum my house from my phone, what should that be a stretch! Someone has got to put it on the table to find interest in researching the medical technology side!

Pup

Puppyluv56

Just because we have Barbie butts, does not mean they cannot mourn connect current colon to synthetic tubing to come out the same place as it used to!

NJ Bain

And what if someone hacked your bionic sphincter? Funny and tragic at the same time.

Puppyluv56

Only you, Bain! Hahaha! I guess if I were a hacker, that would be quite entertaining! LOL

Sasquatch

I guess they'd be able to get you to do whatever they wanted! Power! Unlimited power!

Mario961

Lmao, you guys are killing me. What if you forget your username or passcode....

Mario961

I would probably do it if it's covered by insurance unless they considered it cosmetic lol

Past Member

What if someone hacked your bionic sphincter? LOL LOL LOL. Bain, you made my morning. And you, Big Poppa, continued to do so. Forget your password? LOL LOL LOL. You guys had me laughing so hard, I almost choked on my coffee!

Puppyluv56

Way too funny! Hackers beware! LOL They could pretty much extort anything from you and I would pay just to get my shit back! Literally! Still, I would be first in line! Insurance covered or not!

Puppy

NJ Bain

Glad I can get someone to laugh. I wonder if LifeLock would cover that?....lol

Puppyluv56

Haha Bain,

You should call Lifelock and tell them you are having a robotic sphincter installed and are worried about someone stealing your identity through your sphincter software. Get back to us on that one! LMAO!!!!

Puppy