Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,228 members

Roe v.Wade

Posted by HarleyDoll, on Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:46 pm

Thank you for posting your story about your son. And the pain he has gone through. I also have a son I am fortunate that he is married with four children and has a decent wife that never aborted them. I also raised him right. I am having a very hard time reading through this topic watching people talk about bullying while they bully others and use condescending words like prejudice and bullying to describe the People who hold the view that is opposed to their own. I know who I think the bullies are And to me they are the ones who are in capable of tolerating an opposing view whether it is based on religion or just moral values or the gold standard or personal experience or whatever. It’s called intolerance and these days of passes for political correctness. The other thing in this discussion I find it rather ironic and I’m using a polite word for that, is this talk of freedom of choice. I’m sorry but what choice does the father have. And most of all what choice does the baby have? Do we just ignore these questions because they are too difficult to answer? Are you going to tell us that a baby has no brain to think or feel  when we know fully well via scientific test thing that they do know and they do feel and they can think and even if they can’t or couldn’t, who are you to pull the executioners blade? The egos in this discussion are out of control. It appears to me the brainwashing is complete. Now I wonder if I will get a polite answer for contributing to this discussion 

Reply by Xerxes, on Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:54 pm

Medic,

Custom made babies are on the horizon as you probably know because of the molecular scissor, CrispXcas9. If reports are accurate, it has already been done in China.

Xerxes

Reply by Xerxes, on Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:56 pm

Kmed,

As always, thank you. Hope you are well.

Xerxes

Reply by denverguy, on Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:02 pm

No man especially politicians, should be able to tell any woman what to do with her body. 

Reply by HarleyDoll, on Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:12 pm
denverguy wrote:

No man especially politicians, should be able to tell any woman what to do with her body. 

So the father of the child has no rights. By what logic do you come to this conclusion?

Reply by denverguy, on Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:13 pm

not the place for this,  but NO, especially if he raped her.

Reply by HarleyDoll, on Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:15 pm
denverguy wrote:

not the place for this,  but NO, especially if he raped her.

What do you mean it’s not the place for this? You brought it up I ask you your logic and obviously I meant the father of the child not a rapist. So you have no logic then fine.  It should be noted that your dismissive attitude towards me (probably because I’m a woman,) has been noted

Reply by Rusty, on Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:48 pm

If it is done in the first trimester if absolutely necessary, I have no concern if it as you say, an act of rape, incest,or the womans' health or life is threatened. I do not understand why it is done after that time frame as that governor from North Carolina seems to condone, even killing the baby if the abortion fails and the baby is delivered alive! Wow! That sounds like murder. That is why that butcher, Goslin is in jail now, from Philidelphia. Who speaks for the children? Not many it seems.

Reply by mild_mannered_super_hero, on Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:51 pm

You brought it up I ask you your logic 

well, thank you to all the pro lifers....you have restored my faith in humanity. i would caution anyone who asks a liberal for their "logic", liberal logic does not exist Smile

as to the  pro choice moniker....i personally think baby killer is a more accurate term.  abortion is a heinous act, committed against the most helpless and innocent victim. shame on you if you support it. wouldnt it be nice if as much time and money was spent on trying to help adopt as is spent on insuring the continued wholesale slaughter of children.

we will not resolve this issue here, but we can resolve it with one more supreme court justice....a second term for #45 and its just a matter of time. 

Reply by HarleyDoll, on Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:13 pm
Xerxes wrote:

Luckylady,

It's funny, but your staement has a subtle implication that you, as an ostomate consider yourself "different" and are not part of society as we have it today in this country. I never joined this site under the supposition that I was different. I think all topics as mundane as some may be are eligible to be discussed in here. This is not a place for outcasts, as you seem to be implying in a not so seriptitious way.

Xerxes

Reply by Charley, on Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:28 pm

I was taught that life doesn't begin in the womb, but is passed on.  Therefore, I believe that life, once passed on, should be allowed to mature and take a place in this world.  Often, this is inconvenient and abortion is chosen.  But using rape and incest as an excuse doesn't quite fly, statistically.  Fewer then 1% of all pregnancies are the result of rape, and less than 1/2 of one percent the result of incest.  Yet, we terminate hundreds of thousands of lives each year in the US.  I'm not trying to tell anyone how to live their lives, but as the father of five adult children, I will tell you that I cannot imagine life without any one of them.  Like it or not, this is how I think and these are my opinions. 

Reply by lifecan, on Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:06 pm

Hi AngelicaMarie, thanks for the courage to broach such a divisive issue.

It is truly interesting how everyone who claims to be "pro-choice" are already born. Bet if you gave them the "choice" in their mother's womb, they would all choose to live!

The truth is, no child chooses death. Not just any death, but a truly horrible death.

Of course, all the bleeding hearts would NEVER consider hurting a kitten or puppy how we heartlessly brutalize our own.

Shame on us!!!

ed

Reply by Angelicamarie, on Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:19 pm

G’evening All, this is an open discussion, though we differ in opinions. I understand your passionate about this subject, let’s respect one another. (Please)

Thank you all for sharing.

Respectively,

Angelicamarie

Last edited by Angelicamarie on Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Reply by dadnabbit, on Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:57 pm

By definition alone, it is the "pro life" faction of society that appears to have an "intolerance" issue, dismissing as invalid any opinion other than their own.  Labeling pro choicers as "overly tolerant" by being "excessively PC" is actually BEING intolerant and and that is a dichotomy.   THIS is why this should NOT be a political decision.  Pro choice became a sociopolitical movement BECAUSE pro lifers voted in laws creating a situation where ONLY their opinion mattered.  Pro choicers changed that by their votes. The difference--only pro lifers believe they have the right to make the CHOICE for everyone.

There are many methods of birth control available from IUD's with a 98% success rate, to the pill with a 91% rate, to the pill with a condom combined, which has a 99.9% success rate.  The choice about pregnancy NEEDS to be discussed before sex is initiated, preferably LONG BEFORE, so that hormones and emotion are not affecting those decisions.  The MOST effective way to ensure no pregnancy and no possible abortion is ABSTINENCE.  THAT is certainly the BEST choice for males.  If the choice is to have sex, the decision about a possible pregnancy should be determined beforehand.  But a pregnancy can happen even when the failure rate for a particular method of birth control is only .001%, so the solution to THAT scenario also NEEDS to be decided beforehand and BOTH parties are responsible for their participation.  There also is always the day after pill which SHOULD require both parties to participate, and the pill should be available on hand to take immediately after sex.  Again BOTH parties need to participate, so that decisions don't change after the fact. It can't be left to one partner to decide for both.  If one partner changes their mind, then the laws in place decide who has the final say.

The choices are numerous as to birth control methods with effectiveness up to 99% for implants and IUD's, 91% for the pill, and 99.9% for the pill and condoms used together.  Conversation BEFORE sex needs to be explicit, extensive, and honest, without emotion and hormones controlling the conversation.  In other words LONG BEFORE sex is initiated.  However that is NOT a reasonable expectation to have of young sexually active CHILDREN under what is considered a reasonable age of consent.  Kids have sex.  REALLY.

As I said, here in the US this IS a political issue. And in the past choices HAVE been made FOR different societies and cultures such as a one child initiative or an initiative deciding female fetus' should be aborted, or put to death. In a political system THAT CAN happen again.  Here in the US there are statistics showing 20% white, 37% Hispanic and 57% African American  absentee fathers.  The taxpayer bears that responsibility. THAT is why I believe the decision should be made by the person who will have to live with the choice and end result. 

This is also why we vote on these issues.  Let the outcome of the vote decide. 

Peace

Dadnabbit

Last edited by dadnabbit on Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Reply by dadnabbit, on Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:26 pm

Hey Angel,   Hope you're doing OK.  You've picked a doozy of a subject. Unfortunately there are many who will give you a hard time when you voice your opinion if it does not meet with their idea of what is "right".  Don't let the discussion get you upset, it's not worth it.  You post frequently and I have faith that by now you know who can discuss and who can only argue using tactics like judgement, abuse, and name calling.  With any divisive subject you'll also find those who insist on twisting your statements and opinions to fit their narrative. MOST of us here relish a discussion and value the right to a difference of opinion.

Peace

Nancy

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.