Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,226 members

Roe v.Wade

Posted by dadnabbit, on Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:22 am

Harley--  I am having a nice day, thank you.  Right back at ya.

Dadnabbit

Reply by GraphX12, on Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:33 am

I know more women who are opposed to abortion than men. Why are men considered “bullies” on this issue?

Reply by dadnabbit, on Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:47 am

GraphX12-- I don't think that post was meant to imply that ONLY MEN are bullies, just that bullies are bullies by virtue of wanting to impose their beliefs on everyone, making the choices for everyone.   However, historically, men have had the freedom to voice more opinions and have created more law on almost all subjects. Women have become more vocal about their beliefs since the 70's, and so you are seeing more opinions being shared by them.  Women still don't have equal rights, though.  Can't seem to get that darned ERA passed!

Dadnabbit

Reply by HarleyDoll, on Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:53 am
dadnabbit wrote:

Harley--  I am having a nice day, thank you.  Right back at ya.

Dadnabbit

And my observation was made on the basis of the amount of capital letters and exclamation points You used in many of your posts but particularly in the most recent one. Capital letters and exclamation points mean yelling in cyberspace. Probably a good idea to keep this discussion respectful by not yelling. This had been suggested earlier in the thread by you as well as others. Just a suggestion.Take it down a Notch.

Reply by HarleyDoll, on Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:56 am
dadnabbit wrote:

Harley Doll---Statistics PROVE that the abortion rate has dropped to the lowest level in TEN years.  THAT being said, to avoid any chance of pregnancy and possible abortion, perhaps men should make the CHOICE to ABSTAIN from having sex, as the law currently states it is the woman's CHOICE to decide aboiut an abortion.  Of course the male can always sue his sex partner.    BUT, until the laws change, that is just the FACT. 

You CLAIMED I called your posted opinion "judgemental".  Well, YOU did just tell weirdnewlife that she is "speaking for everyone", and that you believe "in fact"...that you are "pretty sure that ("women who employ abortion as a form of birth control") "love it".  A QUICK FIX? Now THAT'S a judgemental opinion. And you called me "self righteous, and "morally corrupt", which is name calling to back up YOUR opinion.  Also, DEFINITELY JUDGEMENTAL.  And your ATTEMPT to use irony-- which is defined as an "especially mocking type of humor"  IS you passing judgement.  These are ALL opinions.  You stated yours, I stated mine.  That's all there is to it.

Dadnabbit

Reply by dadnabbit, on Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:03 pm

Harley, When communicating by writing or texting, caps on ALL words might mean yelling, but capital letters and words are a means of emphasizing ones point of view.  When not using voice it is easier to be more expressive by changing to caps for that emphasis.  Sorry if you think I'm "yelling" at you, but I'm just emphasizing MY opinion.  In all the many times I've posted anywhere in this manner no one has ever told me that they felt as if I'm yelling at them.  It is not meant to be disrespectful.

Dadnabbit

Reply by Xerxes, on Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:29 pm

The sad part of this is that abortion will never go away. Women will turn once again to the backroom abortionists that use various implements to end the pregnancy. And, as in the past, many women will die in the end as a result of massive infections and hemorrhaging or be left scarred and unable to conceive.

Xerxes

Reply by GraphX12, on Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:34 pm
dadnabbit wrote:

GraphX12-- I don't think that post was meant to imply that ONLY MEN are bullies, just that bullies are bullies by virtue of wanting to impose their beliefs on everyone, making the choices for everyone.   However, historically, men have had the freedom to voice more opinions and have created more law on almost all subjects. Women have become more vocal about their beliefs since the 70's, and so you are seeing more opinions being shared by them.  Women still don't have equal rights, though.  Can't seem to get that darned ERA passed!

Dadnabbit

My point was that I am bombarded daily (not on this forum, mind you) that men are trying to control women's bodies – hence bullying. At least in the U.S., lawmakers are elected to represent the voters, and women have had the right to vote since 1920. So women have an equal say in who gets elected to make laws.

Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:58 pm

HarleyDoll,

I apologize for "speaking for everyone".  Of course, I can only speak from my own personal experience.   I've never met anyone who actually likes abortion. Maybe you know people who do.    And I don't know anybody who doesn't treasure human life either, but maybe you do.  And,  I certainly have never met any women who would actually choose abortion as a method of birth control!   I guess you know different people than I do.....

Reply by HarleyDoll, on Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:21 pm

Your passive aggressive snotty reply is not appreciated and I did not deserve it. I merely quoted what you already said kindly take your bad mood out on somebody else. As to the topic itself I would suggest you do a little bit of research and see the percentages of how many women use abortion as birth control and if they don’t like it then maybe they should do something about it. It’s not my job but maybe you think it’s yours.

Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:19 am

You attacked me FIRST.  Maybe you forgot that.  As far as your "research" goes, I find it decidedly flawed.  No woman would prefer to lay on a table and go through an abortion rather than take a pill.  Those who have multiple abortions are usually teenagers who should'nt be having sex in the first place, since they can't seem to use birth control responsibly.  If there is a way to stop them from doing that, I don't know what it might be.  

As far as my "bad mood" goes...Take a look at your own mood, lady.  

Reply by HarleyDoll, on Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:14 am

Some people really hate it when their Very own words are used to prove a point against them in a debate. That person would be you and now you’re playing the victim stating that you were attacked. LOL. You will have to forgive me For laughing at how predictable some of you are.  Now you seem to be attributing blame to teenagers only as the repeat offenders. I would like to know how you know that. I am not sure if your head is on right here or what but lying on a table or taking a pill was never part of the original discussion nor was it something I engaged in debating with you. Neither was teenagers or the age of the murderesses.  I fail to see how age is any kind of excuse for murdering your own baby. Obviously this is OK with you that is why you Are defending this practice. I can’t account for people with the morals of an alleycat.

Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:31 am

This site has always been known as a safe place for people to vent their anger and frustrations about things, although it usually isn't done by attacking another person.  You've been doing that since you first posted. Your responses are all filtered through your anger...and it's considerable.  This makes you impossible to talk to.  If you want to take things out on me...go ahead.  Vent away. I hope it makes you feel better.  As for me, I'm done.  Responding to you isn't worth the effort of typing.  That should make you very happy because now you can say anything you want to without any argument from me!  Enjoy.

Reply by kmedup, on Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:30 am

For the past several days, I have non-discriminately contributed to, and read amd appreciated the posts on this thread, knowing full well – no, expecting that opinions will differ but also realizing that it’s important to keep an open mind, to show respect, to avoid over-the-top emotion, to try and understand the differing opinions, and to value freedom of speech. Now, I am compelled to say, "HarleyDoll, you have turned an informative discussion unecessarily ugly. "

Reply by mild_mannered_super_hero, on Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:00 am
kmedup wrote:

and to value freedom of speech. 

thats mighty high talk considering that you would value free speech for yourself and others....yet  deny the very "right to life " to the unborn. who will speak for them ? when you enter a discussion as emotionally charged as this....you better be prepared to to get your feelings hurt.  getting your feelings hurt is still better than being ripped from your mothers womb with a metal hook....thats what the babies get.

there is no "middle ground" on this subject.

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.