Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,226 members

Roe v.Wade

Posted by HarleyDoll, on Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:21 am

Well isn’t that special. I’ve been yelled at,  been treated in a passive aggressive manner by insinuating that I hang out with whores that have abortions and calling me a lady and not in a complementary way, but you kept your mouth shut for that or you waited till the person deleted her posts. If you’ve been following this you know darn well I’ve been defending myself and my position and that is not going to change so get over it. And it has everything to do with my beliefs and not how I presented them. It’s OK for you people to want to push your beliefs on us or on me but if we state that we think abortion is murder then we are terrible people and you think it gives you free reign to attack us personally well I’m here to remind you that it doesn’t. Now get over yourself. And if you want respect it needs to be earned and I don’t even know you, I’ve never even spoken to you before on this board that.. I know of but you jump in here to tell me what an asshole I am. Good luck with that.what are you doing posting in here I haven’t posted anything to you but you want to jump on the bandwagon so don’t act all shocked and odd when you get this post

Reply by dadnabbit, on Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:24 pm

An amazing lesson in tolerance---

We are bursting through the barricades and reaching for the sun,  We are warriors, Yeah that's what we've become

I won't let them break me down to dust,  I know that there's a place for us, For we are glorious....

Look out cause here I come,  and I'm marching on to the beat I drum,

I'm not scared to be seen,  I make NO apologies,  THIS IS ME

When the sharpest words want to cut me down, gonna send a flood and drown 'em out

I am brave, I am bruised,  I am who I'm meant to be

THIS IS ME.....***

***THIS IS ME from the Greatest Showman written by   Benj Pasek and Justin Paul, sung by Keala Settle

INSPIRED is what I get from this song.

Dadnabbit

Reply by kmedup, on Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:11 am

Hey dadnabbit,

I was away for a few days at the "Women Deliver" Coference in Vancouver, British Columbia https://womendeliver.org/ where my daughter was a guest presenter for her transmedia documentary Amplify Her. her screening sold out.  She managed to somehow snag me a pass which usually sells for $900. I was at Melinda Gate's presentation along with many talented and courageous woman and girls  from all over the world. Talk about a global perspective rather than just in our own backyards. I will never forget this awesome opportunity and the inspiring facilitators and speakers.  Karen

Reply by dadnabbit, on Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:16 am

Karen,  Sounds awesome.  I have to admit I've never heard of it.  Your daughter 's documentary Amplify Her, is it available online to the public?

Nancy

Last edited by dadnabbit on Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Reply by iMacG5, on Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:58 pm

Thanks, Nancy. The song is inspiring but your message is more inspiring. I think you’re suggesting we take a closer look at ourselves and those we’re communicating with in hopes of a better understanding and appreciation for all of us. I love debating for the sake of it but when a subject of this level of importance arises I need to listen, respect and attempt to understand that some folks feel so strongly about these things they’re not really able to discuss it without emotional overtones. As old as I am, I still don’t know how I feel about some things and I hope to develop a better understanding from knowledgeable folks presenting their opinions. If this forum was open only to folks who were affected by an unwanted or dangerous pregnancy, I wonder if the opinions would be different.
Respectfully,
Mike

Reply by dadnabbit, on Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:59 pm

Thanks Mike,  One thing I have learned up to this point is that life is fluid.  I try to never close the door on the reality that more information can often result in a different perspective. An open mind and the ability and willingness to actually hear an opposing point of view are essential in order to live in harmony with the entire world.  I hope to never lose the ability to see yet another side, even when my own opinions and feelings differ and do not change.

Peace

Nancy

Reply by honestabe, on Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:07 pm

If I had known this was going to be discussed, wouldn’t have just joined as lifetime member! 

luckylady wrote:

What does Roe vs Wade have to do with this site for OstoMates? 

Reply by HarleyDoll, on Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:51 pm
dadnabbit wrote:

Karen,  Sounds awesome.  I have to admit I've never heard of it.  Your daughter 's documentary Amplify Her, is it available online to the public?

Nancy

Just Google it. LOL

Reply by Xerxes, on Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:21 pm

Honestabe,

I guess there's nothing like being openminded.

Xerxes

Reply by iMacG5, on Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:25 pm

Ya know Honestabe, some of us have opinions that are different from others. Hopefully those opinions were developed through thought, research and listening to others.  Sorry you're offended by other's concerns.  I guess some folks just don't care about some things and that's perfectly OK unless it hurts others.

Respectfully,

Mike

Reply by honestabe, on Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:09 pm

I care about millions of babies being killed ( abortions) every year! Your evidently a liberal! Am not going to debate! Would rather talk my lady friends! Have a beautiful day!

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.