Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,329 members

Bag leaking, having to change it everyday?

Posted by coraline, on Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:36 pm

I have a urostomy bag. I used to change my bag every 4/5 days. For some reason I don't know why, its leaking thru the bandage part right close to the ring. Its a one piece from hollister, with a wafer. In the last three days I've used 4 bags. I don't know why the sudden change. Has anyone else experienced this. The bags stick to me like glue, it hurts to take them off twice a day, even every other day is making my skin red. Any ideas, thanks teal.

Reply by iMacG5, on Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:37 pm

Hi Coraline.  I suggest you call Hollister and talk with one of their very knowledgeble people.  

1-888-740-8999.......www.hollister.com

Best of luck,

Mike

Reply by Puppyluv56, on Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:45 pm

I agree, you may have gotten a bad batch of pouches. Can you think as to when it started? At the beginning of a new box? They may have had more complaints and can research the lot numbers.

Worth a try! 

Hopefully, you have not changed shower gels or soap when this started. Even shampoo that the lather runs down over you pouch. . If you are like me, you stick with what works! Lol just a thought. 

PUPPY

Reply by coraline, on Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:36 am

Thanks, I did call hollister and she seems to think its the box, since nothing else has changed, they are sending me some. Yesterday I used one from another box, so I will know by the end of the day. Thanks again for your suggestions, I appreciate it, I have no one else to ask. teal.

Reply by Donleo, on Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:56 pm

Try mio. One advertised on TV. I also put transport tape. 2 rolls for 4 dollars at walmart.

Reply by Puppyluv56, on Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:12 pm

Hi Coraline, 

If you have problems with the new box, it could still be the lot. All made the same batch with the same problems. If that does happen, be sure to compare lot numbers on the box. You may have all of the same lot if they were shipped together or close to the same date. 

Hope the new box does work for you! Be sure you make them replace the whole box free! 

Puppy

Reply by coraline, on Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:44 pm

Well I used a different box and this has last 2 day maybe 3, I don't keep books LOL, I received a new box from Hollister yesterday, I'm sure they will be fine I have a few monthis of supplies as a cushion LOL anxiety bout running out thing. Thank you all.

teal.

Reply by Puppyluv56, on Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:13 pm

I know how you feel. I have a large cushion as well! Good to be that Girl Scout and “be Prepared”. Glad it is better for you and you got New there so quickly! 

Puppyluv

Reply by coraline, on Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:19 pm

Yes, I was so surprised, so fast by snail mail. I wasn't expecting it either, not a whole box. LOL I guess I wasn't the only one with that problem.

Thanx,

teal.

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.