Blood Clots Come Out of My Stoma

Replies
Views
newnormal

I had a few blood clots come out of my stoma today when I was changing my appliance. I have Crohn's that is acting up a bit because of something I ate. Anyone else ever have this issue?

ron in mich

Hi Newnormal, yes, when I was having a flare-up, they weren't very big at all. I also had small whitish blisters on my stoma that would bleed some when cleaning the stoma off while changing the wafer.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,314 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

newnormal

Hi Ron, yup I guess I am having a flare-up. I have also had the small white blisters on my stoma in the past. I have been on a few different meds and none worked very well and had terrible, sometimes very serious, side effects. I currently take LDN which has been working well without the side effects. What works for you to get a flare to calm down? I am having seasonal allergies and when I have those my flare-ups seem to get worse. I was just in the UP, where my allergies disappear, my husband and I LOVE it there. My husband is a rock hound and just goes berserk when we are in the Calumet area because of all the old mines. It is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. My profile photo was taken on a beach near Calumet.