Iliotstomy

Replies
Views
looking forward

about 4 months after my iliostomy i discoveredmy hair was thinning, fingernails peeling and red bruises on my legs. went to dermatologist-a young man who happened to have some work done by my same dr in tampa-he told me this is common some months after the surgery. since it was serious and very tramatic for me. gave me some cream etc and said it would all go away. have any of you heard of this??

Bagface

Lookingforward-About 4 months after my ileo surgery my hair started falling out. The doctor said it was common after a high stress event, such as surgery. It lasted for about 6 weeks. I lost around 40 percent of my hair. I was devastated too! But it has grown back, thank God! Good luck to you!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,314 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

freedancer

Yes!! Very common. nbsp; I lost almost all of mine after having 4 surgeries in a row, three of them emergency. nbsp; It grew back curly, which I have never had before. nbsp; Then after my neck surgery in October 2018 and my son's death in December of 2018 and the ongoing stress from my upcoming divorce, it has started to fall out again by the handfuls. nbsp; So darn depressing!! nbsp; It is called Tulogium Effusion. Not sure if I spelled it right!

freedancer

I have the blotchy red bruises on my arms. Is that part of the disorder?I am doing OK by the way.