Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,329 members

Ostomy product

Posted by kmedup, on Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:41 pm

No longer need this product: Coloplast Sensura one piece closed pouches - 10 boxes of 30 untouched. 

Reply by Puppyluv56, on Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:52 pm

I don’t use those but for the others that may need them, are you selling or giving them away? That is a lot of pouches! I am changing my pouches to caps so I have  a lot pouches too! 

Puppyluv

Reply by kmedup, on Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:58 pm

Hi,

I would be giving them away but postage would have to be covered. It would be easy in Canada but difficult/costly sending to the US. However, I might be spending a few weeks at the family summer cabin in Cooke City, Montana in August thus making mailing less costly. Not sure what to do here ...

Karen

Reply by Puppyluv56, on Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:03 pm

Good to know! If you find someone that is interested, send them COD. There are lots of folks on here that buy their own stuff so I am sure someone will jump on that opportunity! That is very nice! I have sent some overseas and paid almost $60 just to ship! That is crazy expensive! 

Hope you find a new home for your pouches! 

Pup

Reply by xnine, on Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:27 pm

https://www.fowc.ca/

Reply by kmedup, on Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:28 am

Enough said; I will get on it next week. Thanks:) K.

Reply by OrlandoNewbie, on Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:12 am

As another idea, if you had a wound nurse or an ostomy nurse that helped you early on, they may have other patients with a need for supplies.  I had lots of leftover supplies and she had a new ostomy patient with limited means, so that worked out well.

Reply by kmedup, on Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:55 pm

I knew I would get awesome advice on this site so I took a chance and just put it out there. Thanks everyone. 

Reply by Puppyluv56, on Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:55 am

I tried to give some of my pouches that I did not like to my Ostomy nurse and she would not take them. They get free samples from the makers so patients will continue to order that same product. She said she had so many that she did not have storage for any more. Even though she gave me a lot to take home, I am not sure they go anywhere else. Maybe yours will be more proactive to giving them to those that need. We have a monthly meeting of Ostomates and that may be a good place to to unload. I have not gone but understand they have a table at the meeting that you can bring unwanted supplies and whoever wants it, can just get it there. Lots of options! 

Reply by xnine, on Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:02 pm

CB Medical in Calgary takes supplies for FOWC. We pack it and send it to Toronto and they send it to places in need. Please no loose items. They do not have to be in full boxes. Or package in a zip lock with  a label stating product number, company and such. No liquids, they are too heavy to ship.

Reply by kmedup, on Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:12 pm

Hi,

I am in Calgary most of next week so I will get a hold of you. I will message you in your account.

Karen

Reply by xnine, on Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:07 am

I am in the N E close to downtown.

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.