Help! my 'innie' hole is oozing.

In this discussion
Replies
Views
newyorktorque

I posted this once before but it got removed (no bad words, etc) so I will try again...

I have both an innie and outtie holes on my stoma. The outtie hole is for my output ( watery due to jejunostomy) and has been operating as normal. The innie hole is just there. I have never had reason to touch or mess with this hole....until now. The innie hole has begun to discharge a white creamy substance. Why is this happening?IDK. Has any of you folks experienced this?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,103 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

w30bob

Hi NYT,

Never heard of having two holes in a stoma.......that's a new one on me. If the white creamy stuff is puss then you have an infection. I wouldn't wait to see a doc to get it squared away. Having an infection in your stoma is a direct path to your internals......so not something you want to fool around with. I'm the type who never feels I need to see a doc or go to the ER (until it's too late), but as I've gotten older I've gotten wiser. Most things are easier to fix if caught early rather than late, so I don't chance it anymore. Have someone check it out while it's still a minor issue.

regards,

bob

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
ron in mich
I believe that may be whats called a loop ileostomy.