Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,317 members

New Format

Posted by iMacG5, on Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:04 pm

An improvement for me would be identifying to whom the reply is addressed.  We see who is replying then it's repeated along with the date but we don't always know who the intended recipient is.  Sometimes a reply is quite specific to a particular comment and the whole thing could be easier to understand.

Just a thought,

Mike

Reply by xnine, on Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:35 am

I can no longer find my forum posts.

Reply by iMacG5, on Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:31 pm
iMacG5 wrote:

An improvement for me would be identifying to whom the reply is addressed.  We see who is replying then it's repeated along with the date but we don't always know who the intended recipient is.  Sometimes a reply is quite specific to a particular comment and the whole thing could be easier to understand.

Just a thought,

Mike

So this is exactly what the new format provides!  Thank you so much guys & girls.  For me this is a huge benefit.

Sincerely,

Mike

Reply by w30bob, on Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:03 pm

Didn't realize it changed.  But did notice I no longer have a "me" page and I can't find a list of my previous posts/blogs/messages, etc.  Just made a confusing site a bit more confusing.  But such is life. 

I believe the proper word for this situation is.........UGH!

later,

bob

Reply by xnine, on Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:40 pm

What is going on stuff is disapareing and  I do not know what is going on. If things are not right let the poster know. I found my posts at the bottom of the forum tab My Topics.

Reply by xnine, on Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:13 am

I can not see my posts to others topics. I can only see my topics.

Reply by w30bob, on Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:24 am
xnine wrote:

I can not see my posts to others topics. I can only see my topics.

Hi xnine,

Yeah, this is weird.  When I joined a few weeks ago there was a whole "my page" that had all my post topics that I originated and all the replies I made to other posts.  Now that page is gone.  I've got no problem with the admin folks modifying the site, but it would be nice if they send everyone a note to let us know what was going on.  I'll quit my bitchin' now. 

;O)

regards,

bob

Reply by xnine, on Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:12 pm

Blink your eye and things change.

Reply by w30bob, on Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:01 pm

xnine,

Now I can not only see my posts.........but my replies to other's posts.  Definitely a work in progress!!

later,

bob

Reply by xnine, on Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:15 pm

I guess if there any events coming up we just post in the forum? The events option is totally gone. I do not think any people went there anyway.

Reply by xnine, on Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:10 am

I see the like button but on my own posts I can not see how many likes I got.

Reply by xnine, on Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:43 am

How do I put up an ad? That option appears to be gone.

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.