Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,179 members

... Spices And Bowel !!

Posted by Shitt Happens, on Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:03 pm

Have you ever had bowel pain as a sensation that it is all swollen?

Last night I ate a rice with a lot of curry, Is it the curry that gave me pain like cramps all day long?

I had to do my irrigation in 3 part because the water did not want to go in, I really felt that my bowel was very swollen

It's not the first time it happen to me but this time i wrote what i ate to see if next time  it happen again.

Thank you for your help

Danielle from Québec, Canada Smile

Reply by Bill, on Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:37 am

Hello Danielle. Thanks for your post, which illustrates graphically what can go wrong when we eat food that has unwanted side effects.

I have long-since given up eating spicy food (including curry) because it has similar effects to that which you describe. 

Best wishes

Bill

Reply by Shitt Happens, on Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:45 am
Bill wrote:

Hello Danielle. Thanks for your post, which illustrates graphically what can go wrong when we eat food that has unwanted side effects.

I have long-since given up eating spicy food (including curry) because it has similar effects to that which you describe. 

Best wishes

Bill

Thank you Bill ,it's complicated to explain how we feel pain from one part of our body but from the inside, it help that you understood the way i did explain .

Regards & have a great day

Danielle

Reply by Puppyluv56, on Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:26 pm

Wow, Danielle, hope the affects from the curry are gone now but would certainly stay away from it! I don’t eat rice or curry so not sure the affects but now I know to not eat it if I get a whim! 

Good to see you on here! It has been a while!

Pup

Reply by Shitt Happens, on Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:53 am
Puppyluv56 wrote:

Wow, Danielle, hope the affects from the curry are gone now but would certainly stay away from it! I don’t eat rice or curry so not sure the affects but now I know to not eat it if I get a whim! 

Good to see you on here! It has been a while!

Pup

Good morning Pup,

Do you eat white rice?? or no rice at all, if so what do the rice do to you please??

I know i do not write very often i work full time SadSad

Have a great day Sad

Reply by Jennie, on Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:58 pm
Shitt Happens wrote:

Last night I ate a rice with a lot of curry, Is it the curry that gave me pain like cramps all day long?

I had to do my irrigation in 3 part because the water did not want to go in, I really felt that my bowel was very swollen

It's not the first time it happen to me but this time i wrote what i ate to see if next time  it happen again.

Thank you for your help

my internal swelling is chronic.  I have Crohn's Disease.  I am learning to take turmeric tablets for swelling.  I take 2.  If it is really bad, I do that every 6 hrs for one day.  Try that if you get extreme bloating or swelling.

Reply by Shitt Happens, on Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:03 pm
Jennie wrote:
Shitt Happens wrote:

Thank you for your help

my internal swelling is chronic.  I have Crohn's Disease.  I am learning to take turmeric tablets for swelling.  I take 2.  If it is really bad, I do that every 6 hrs for one day.  Try that if you get extreme bloating or swelling.

Thank you Jennie!

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.