Curry and Bowel Pain: Is There a Connection?

In this discussion
Replies
Views
About
This topic discusses the potential connection between consuming curry and experiencing bowel pain, with participants sharing their experiences and advice.
Shitt Happens

Have you ever had bowel pain as a sensation that it is all swollen?

Last night I ate rice with a lot of curry. Is it the curry that gave me pain like cramps all day long?

I had to do my irrigation in 3 parts because the water did not want to go in. I really felt that my bowel was very swollen.

It's not the first time it has happened to me, but this time I wrote what I ate to see if next time it happens again.

Thank you for your help.

Danielle from Québec, Canada :)

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,089 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bill

Hello Danielle. Thanks for your post, which illustrates graphically what can go wrong when we eat food that has unwanted side effects.

I have long-since given up eating spicy food (including curry) because it has similar effects to that which you describe. 

Best wishes

Bill

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Shitt Happens

Thank you Bill, it's complicated to explain how we feel pain from one part of our body but from the inside, it helps that you understood the way I did explain.

Regards & have a great day

Danielle

Puppyluv56

Wow, Danielle, hope the effects from the curry are gone now but would certainly stay away from it! I don't eat rice or curry so not sure the effects but now I know to not eat it if I get a whim!

Good to see you on here! It has been a while!

Pup

Shitt Happens

Good morning pup,

Do you eat white rice? Or no rice at all? If so, what does the rice do to you, please?

I know I do not write very often. I work full time :(:(

Have a great day :(

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Jennie

My internal swelling is chronic. I have Crohn's Disease. I am learning to take turmeric tablets for swelling. I take 2. If it is really bad, I do that every 6 hours for one day. Try that if you get extreme bloating or swelling.

Shitt Happens

Thank you, Jennie!