Reversal Surgery Nerves - Prayers & Good Vibes Needed!

Replies
Views
Inspired47

Excited and nervous about my reversal surgery this Tuesday. Luckily, I have one of the best doctors in the country performing my surgery. My nervousness stems from my brutal emergency Hartmann procedure performed on me while I was on vacation in the Philippines last October when my diverticulitis ruptured. I think it left me a little shell-shocked. Please send prayers and good vibes my way. They really helped me

feel better after my last surgery. Looking forward to getting back to my old healthy, strong (and somewhat handsome in the eyes of my mom) self. If all goes well, I'll have some leftover bags and ring adhesive thingies

if anyone is interested. If I don't need them anymore, let me know if you need them, and I'll send them free of charge. Have a great weekend, everyone

Charlie

mild_mannered_super_hero

Good luck, man....keep us posted on your progress.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,505 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Inspired47

Thank you, buddy.    

britathrt60

Wishing you the best, Charlie... you will ace this, and your mum is right, you are indeed very handsome... take care.

Ange

Bagface

Inspired - I was also nervous and excited before my reversal surgery, but all went well. Best wishes; you'll do fine, and keep us posted!

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Past Member

Hi inspired,

Wishing you well and prayers all will go well for you.

..mtnman

lovely

Hi Charlie, so happy you are able to get a reversal. Pray you have no problems and have a speedy recovery. Thanks for letting us know and keep us updated. Even if you won't have an ostomy, you can still post here as you will have good information to help others. Best wishes

w30bob

Hey Charlie.......give 'em hell brother......we're all pulling for ya!

Here's hoping we can kick you off this team very shortly. Let us know how it goes!

;0)

Bob

Inspired47

Thank you, buddy.   I'll definitely keep you all posted.    

Inspired47

Thanks so much, Bob. I'd love to get off the bag, but I'm forever an ostomate now. I'll always be here if anyone needs help and moral support. Take care.

Charlie

Inspired47

Awww, thank you so much Ange. I appreciate that. You take care of yourself as well. <3

Charlie

Inspired47

Thank you so much. I plan to stay on here to help anyone I can with moral support or any other way that I can.   <3

Charlie

she76wolf

Charlie! I'll be thinking and praying for you on your upcoming surgery this Tuesday. I know this is a nervous yet exciting experience that you'll endure. Please stay positive and pray! You sound like a fighter so I'm confident things will go well for you. Many blessings and keep us posted on your progress.

Megan

Jo714

Best of luck for a successful surgery and speedy recovery! Nothing but good positive vibes headed your way!

Axl

All the best, buddy. You can do it... I hope you get everything you deserve.

Bill

Charlie!

Just a brief note to add my very best wishes to you on you upcoming surgery. I hope all goes well.

Bill

currentsitguy

Best of luck to you. I'm a month and about a week past my reversal, which was on January 22nd. I'm sure you are anxious about what to expect. Have a look at my past posts. I tried to document what it was like. I also had an emergency Hartmann for diverticulitis. I can tell you right now I am almost back to "normal".

ron in mich

Good luck with the surgery, you're young and healthy looking but take the time needed to recover. Prayers

Newbeee

Wishing you all the best with your surgery and a speedy recovery. I go in tomorrow for my reversal. Exactly as you, I had a sudden unexpected ruptured diverticulitis and was shell-shocked for weeks.

Bagface

Good luck to you, too, newbie!

lovely

Hi Newbie, pray everything goes well for you also. Let us know how it goes. Best wishes

Morning glory

Charlie, prayers are with you on Tuesday. You sure have been through it.

iMacG5

Hey Charlie, just like from Newbeee, we'll be waiting for good news from you.

Sincerely,

Mike

Puppyluv56

Good luck with surgery and recovery! Congratulations! No looking back! Keep those extra supplies and stay in touch. Keep us posted on your progress and maybe someone will need your supplies later.
Puppy

currentsitguy

Feeling haunted as I did post into this thread. Bottom line is I ended up much like you and was just revered a month ago. Look into my past posts as I tried to document the first days. Any questions whatsoever, please ask.....

OrlandoNewbie

Must be going on right about now! Best of luck to you, it's all healing now!

Yes, please, continue to visit. People looking to reverse need some support, too.

Fingers crossed, candles lit, live chicken sacrificed...)