Limited Ostomy Appliance Options in North America: Is There a Conspiracy?

Replies
Views
Meadow Snow
Reply to Abefroman1969

Well, to be fair, Trio's drainable bags are still very new. Even when I had my op done a couple of months ago at the start of March, they didn't do drainable bags. They've literally only just started doing them, and the closed bags only started... I dunno, maybe last year? Year before? For a while when they first started, Trio only did accessories. Fingers crossed they start giving the US their black drainable bags soon.

Abefroman1969
Reply to Meadow Snow

I got a message back from the stockist Medical Monks this morning. They know of no black ostomy pouches available in North America. I was expecting this response but it's still disappointing.

Another plot perpetrated by the man (FDA) (Food and Drug Administration) to keep me down!

I wonder if there is a way to find out what products have been submitted for or are awaiting approval from this agency? I know what I will be looking into tomorrow while I wait at the cottage for what "team" is doing the biopsies so I can get the hell out of here!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,712 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.