Finding Humor in Life with an Ileostomy and Hernia

Replies
Views
Justbreathe

Before my emergency ileostomy in 2020 I found this funny but now that I am sporting a stoma and a hernia - not so much ! ;But I must admit, even without "Seymour" my stoma I would not have loved either one of these activities !

width=

AlexT

I have no idea how people eat kale unless it's mixed heavily with some other taste.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,502 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

Totally agree JB!

Have noticed that runners/joggers always look like they are in pain and miserable bastards, and yet someone just going for a stroll usually has a smile on the dial or looks more like my kind of people.

Have no idea of what kale is, but the best dietary advice is "never eat anything your grandmother wouldn't recognize", sounds good to me!

AlexT
Reply to Anonymous

The grotesqueest green leafy thing known to humankind. A real poop producer too.

Past Member
Reply to AlexT

Thanks Alex, I was being a tad sarcastic, have heard of it but won't be eating it as I'm not too keen on any kind of green(vegetable or human variety).

Plus the fact I can guarantee that my grandma would never have recognized it, so I ain't touching it. Pass me the meat and potatoes please!

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
AlexT
Reply to Anonymous

Meat and potatoes.......now that's a good woman.