Another Surgery Coming Up - Less Complicated This Time!

Replies
Views
tess45

Well, it's more surgery for me, within the next two months - but at least this one is not as complicated and invasive as the first surgical procedure that was talked about - this one sounds like a Frankenstein procedure, same as the first though - what they are going to do is take a skin flap which includes fat, muscle, and the blood circulatory system from the right thigh, still leaving part of the flap attached, and pull it up from the thigh and lay it over my pelvis and then lay it into the wound bed - then take a skin graft from the left thigh and cover the exposed flap areas on the right. This is, of course, if the flap will stretch that far - the surgeon needs to research that but he thinks it will. If not, then he will take the flap from my lower arm. I think he prefers the thigh area, at least that's the impression that I got. He says that there is a 10% failure rate with this surgery and if it does not work - he will start from scratch and take another flap from the left leg - he says that he does not give up easily - I love a fighter (same as me) - so typically a week in the hospital and two weeks at home for recovery. I am really pleased and happy about this alternative - the first procedure is a no-go as my bowel is too close to the surface - partially due to the fact that I am severely underweight, I'm guessing. It's not easy being a Skinny Bitch LOL - So pj's and morphine for me and of course lousy hospital food but the drugs and p.j.'s and people being me food and drink etc will help LOL. And here's to hoping the cafeteria has great food and that my body for once acts "Typically" so that I'm only off work 3 weeks - and if anyone comes to see me in the hospital, bring me good fattening food - screw the grapes and healthy stuff!!!! Chocolate, Fritos, and burgers and fries with gravy, that's the life for me LOL. As for entertainment, I have it all, Ebook Reader and laptop so that's books and music and Netflix all covered. I was able to plan ahead this time but trashy magazines would be appreciated - love great gossip...

Thanks to one and all for everything your support and good wishes have meant the world to me, I don't know what I would have done without you all

Cheers to good times any may there be lots of them for all of us
Terry xoxoxo

dandare

Oh, I'm delighted for you Terry. It does sound like one heck of an operation, but you'll be well able for it, I know! Sounds like you're well organized for the recovery period LOL. :-) Just wish I'd done the same though....am almost through to my last book, so will have to make a raid on my local library in the next few days! :-) So, remember to let us know the date and know that you'll be in our prayers. Take good care, Colm

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,490 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

bag_n_drag

Terry - I am so glad to hear that things are not as bad as you first thought they might be....and that there is a possible solution on the horizon for you! Let us know the date you'll be going in....you will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers! HOPE.....that's my favorite 4-letter word....and I am definitely HOPING for the absolute best for you! I am glad you have a FIGHTER for a surgeon :) With the two of you fighting together, good things will abound! Blessings! :) Darla

Past Member

Hi Tess, I'm pleased your surgeon has found an alternative for your tummy, and you made a decision to go through with something to make your life better. You are a fighter, never give up, and your surgeon sounds like a great man. Sending my prayers out to you, to give you strength to get through all this. Will be watching for any updates on your progress. Take care, my friend Tess... Ambies.xx

Jupiter

Take care, my friend. Brad

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
sherrybear

My prayers are with you, Tess.....

tess45

Thanks to one and all - I will let you know when I get carved like a chicken - after all, he was feeling for fat on my arms and legs like he was getting ready to cook me or trying to pick out the plumpest bird in the meat aisle. LOL

bag_n_drag

You should have started clucking ;) That would have thrown him for a loop!

nogutz

Hi Tess, just wishing you good luck, not that it is luck that gets us through those tough times. Strong girl like yourself will be up and at it in no time. Tom