Stomaversary

Replies
Views
Charleston man

As of today it’s been 14 years of having my life saving surgery. Though there have been ups and downs along with trial and errors I wouldn’t be here today. 

Beachboy

Happy Stomaversary!

Wow, 14 years.  I'm going on 1 year 6 months.  

Everyday's a holiday....

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,605 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Riva

Congrats 🍷

Kas

Happy Stomaversary!

Littlefish

congrats and thank you.  you give me hope.

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
ron in mich

Hi C man congrats, life is good considering the alternative.

Hisbiscus

Happy Stomaversary! Your a trooper!

Charleston man

Thanks to all who wished me the best and congratulations on my 14 years of experience with my ileostomy. And an experience it has been and will continue to be one, It goes to show that believing in yourself and having confidence you can overcome most challenges. 

Eau Claire

The surgery was done on the 10 Feb. It was not too bad but the past 2 days have not been good. I seem to sleep and sleep And can hardly get out of bed. Please tell me this is normal at this point I was told I had ovarian cancer but it turns out that's not it . I have a mass of tangled guts at the bottom of the pelvis The surgeons couldn't see past that with the laparoscopi. Yet I'm to have another in may . I am very nervous about that mostly because of the horrible liquid I have to take the previous day. It's got aspartame in it which makes me ill. I will be happy for any comments . 

Beachboy
Reply to Eau Claire

Hello,

More details would help.  Do you have a colostomy, Illeostomy, or Urostomy?  Is it temporary or permanent?

Why did you have Ostomy surgery?  

If you have pain or fever, seek medical help promptly.

Make sure you drink plenty of water.  Don't drink too much at once, sip it.  Too much at once will not be absorbed.  Also you need electrolytes. They are available in powder form and added to water.  Or you can buy water with electrolytes added.  It's easy to become dehydrated with an ostomy.

DexieB

Hope you had a great Stomaversary!  :)

Eau Claire
Reply to Beachboy

Thank you for taking the time to read my story . I have an ostomy . It was done as an emergency procedure and as I explained they still don't know what the problem is . I am not feeling great and I am not very hopeful with the outcome. There is cancer somewhere but they don't seem to know where as they could not see when they opened me up and the biopsies came back inconclusive?? I had lost lots of weight and I had fluid retention in my legs...a lot! I find it almost impossible to regain weight. There are lots of food I can't face. Well that's it in a short version. Thank you again 

Rodr24

Congrats. I'm coming on week 5 just now, and I'm so glad to have found this community for information, guidance, and support.