212 days on Carnivore and Christmas baking

Replies
Views
terrizajdel

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!

Its been 212 days on the Carnivore diet and I am doing great!  I'm currently 157 lbs down 37lbs since June 1st. 

I'm at my BMI so it doesnt matter if I lose more or not. I trust my body to level out at the perfect weight for me. I am full, energetic, grateful and happy. My Ostomy Moana seems to be doing well too. 

I lost my sense of smell in 2020 and although I can smell most things now I really dont taste much except sour, sweet or salty. I am blessed to love what I can eat on carnivore so I can cook and bake for others without needing to eat it myself.

This week I baked cinnamon buns, whipped shortbread dipped in white and/or milk chocolate, butter tarts and a pumpkin pie. I made desert baskets for the family and a few elderly neighbors and I've pulled out the ingredients to make strawberry filled donuts from scratch for breakfast.

I will have an egg, bacon  and cheese omelette with butter, boursin cheese and salt ;). 

For Christmas dinner the kids are having Indian food and mom, dad and I are having a ribeye with a salmon filet poached in brown butter. I will have cream in my after dinner decafe coffee while they have dessert. Yummm.

Best wishes everyone! 

Morning glory

Merry Christmas.. Wow, you have really done great. I am glad you are getting  such good results. Do you ever get tired of eating the same foods? I  keep thinking I am going to give it a try but start craving foods that aren't  necessarily  good for me.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,493 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Jayne

Happy Christmas to You and Your family and Everyone reading these Christmas Day Posts.

Thank you for sharing such a positive Diary Post - encouraging Others to share what works,  and making the most of their creative cooking skills - looking after Others as well as themselves.

I hope that your food choices are as delicious and the rewards continue to be enticing :-)

I thought I would like to congratulaate you Personally Terri on day 212 of your Carnivore diet and REACHING YOUR BMI -  WELL DONE YOU!

As you say, I guess you intend to continue on a food choice regeime which suits you and celebate all that this Well Being brings, whilst conitnuing to practice your baking skills - which is a very creative and rewarding process - both for the baker and those sharing in its delicious outcomes.

May you have lovely days for the remainder of this Year and I wish you a fullfilling 2024 - and Many more.

Happy Creating - I can 'smell' cooling rack right now ... and am 'metaphorically' helping to fill those dessert baskets - Bless You.

Best Wishes

waves from the Hills of Middle Wales, UK

Jayne

kdel
Reply to Morning glory

I hope you will try carnivore again.  Your gut will thank you!

Cravings early on can make it difficult to stick to this way of eating, but the longer you resist giving into those cravings and the more your body adjusts to being a fat burner instead of a sugar burner, the easier it gets. 

One of the most important tips for new carnivores is to make sure you eat A LOT of meat.... like more than you think you "should".  If you keep your meat portions the same and just cut out all plants, you will be hungry and will be tempted to snack on carby foods.    It is best to replace the missing plant foods with meat, and eat until you're full.  Then when you're hungry again (if doesn't matter what time of day or night it is), eat more meat.

Another, related tip is to cook a lot of your favorite meats (and eggs, it you tolerate and like them!), and keep them handy for when the cravings hit.  Bacon is a great candidate for a snack.  Cook a bunch and eat some salty, fatty goodness when your body is yelling at you to eat sugar. :)

IGGIE

Well done Terri, Can you let me know what a normal days menu is ????  Regards IGGIE and have a great 2024 xx

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
terrizajdel
Reply to Morning glory

Hi Morning glory,

You bet I miss bread, pasta, tomatoes, peppers, cauliflower, kale, broccoli and cucumbers to name a few lol

I can still see and smell them when I prepare them for others which gives me joy.

I think it depends on why you are trying carnivore which then decides how hard it will be for you. 

While I dont think everyone needs to committ 100% to see some benefit, if you start for weight loss or to kill disease you need to committ fully. 

Try watching youtube videos on carnivore, make a meal plan and try it for 90 days.

I am trying to kill cancer but the weight loss and other benefits are great.

Have a great day.

Terri

Morning glory
Reply to terrizajdel

Thanks Terri. Prayers  that your cancer will die.

Morning glory
Reply to kdel

Thanks kdel.

Past Member

I can eat jerky meat all day and fruits mainly. Surprisingly I can tolerate cows milk with little or no problems. But I just prefer a meat diet 

terrizajdel
Reply to Jayne

Thank you Jayne,

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! 

terrizajdel
Reply to IGGIE

Hey Iggie! 

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

For breakfast I had 4 slices of precooked bacon at 5am and drank 32 oz of water with electrolytes.  

At 10 am I made some decafe coffee with a dose of restoralax, 18% cream and took my vitamin D3K2 drops under my tongue. 

At 2pm I ate 12 to 14 ounces of fatty steak with salt, garlic powder and creamery butter ( 1 Tablespoon)

I started a fresh 32oz bottle of water with electrolytes. One dose of powdered electrolytes is split in two during the day I prefer unflavored.

After the steak was cooked I added a large pkg of ground beef into the beef fat in the dutch oven with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. It will cook and absorb some of that beef fat for eating tomorrow.

At 5pm although not very hungry I ate 4 pieces of bacon and 4oz of cold salted steak. 

7pm I had another large creamy decafe coffee.

Tomorrow morning I will grate some cheddar cheese and make a 4 egg cheeseburger omelete with salt and creamery butter.  I will drink my water, take my electrolytes,  my vitamin D3K2 and drink my creamy coffee before making lunch. I feel better with one larger meal at lunch and a small breakfast and dinner. 

For lunch an oven roasted brown butter basted Pork loin with a few salt and pepper wings for a dinner or a snack. 

I will eat pepperoni sticks, canned tuna,  salmon, hot dogs, ham, cheese sticks etc if thats the best I can do at the moment but I prefer to avoid bread crumbs and sugars.

I hope this helps, 

Terri

IGGIE
Reply to terrizajdel

G-Day Terri,

I am sat her drooling, that sounds great. I also eat a lot of meat Beef as well as Chicken and Lamb. The body burns fat a lot better than sugar and that's why you have been losing weight. We have a lot of Beef Stations (Ranches) here, in fact the biggest one in the world is Anna Station in South Australia. We could start at the front gate and work our way through. Great feelings and good luck for 2023. Regards IGGIE

rlevineia

Oniony Boursin in an omelet sounds great, will try it.   I hate the chopped onion popping out of Ileostomy.  Gives my "Little Buddy"(Gilligan) bad breath.   I struggle to keep weight on & eat 4 times a day, to maintain. Wanna trade? Struggled to find great restaurants in Alberta, last yr.  Indian food was the best, in Banff.  Great city, beautiful country,  friendly people, no crime.   5 wks in the Continental Divide.  Kalispell to Jasper.  Sorry, my uploads always appear this way? way?

Happy Holidays.Lake Louise