Reality TV

Replies
Views
Mysterious Mose

One thing you can almost guarantee with American television is that any given hospital scene depicting a critically ill patient is going be largely without a basis in reality. But, I have been recently watching an AMC series on AcornTV called "The Killing". In the first season, a protagonist is shot and left paralyzed from the waist down. While the depiction of his intubation wasn't quite accurate, I was immensely surprised to see a nurse changing his ostomy pouch and that it was depicted somewhat realistically. The need for an ostomy for quadriplegics is something I have never even seen alluded to in a television series. Kudos to the producers of that show. :-)

Daniel

warrior

good read. thanks..

i believe there are 3 young ladies here that are " quads".. for lack of a better term.. i'm sorry..

i'm not sure what is proper term is..and i hate labels.... " wheel chair users? "

one girl i spoke to from ohio was hit by a drunk driver on prom night. she is in her 30's now..

i was so smitten by her energy and attitude i was hoping to fly out to meet her one day.

she is still pictured here but sadly, has not responded .  Hate to think the worst. 

and here we are, 🤦 bitching about leaks from our appliances.. 

🙇

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,503 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Rose Bud 🌹

Sounds interesting I may have to check that out!!Thanks Mose..And yes warrior leaks are a B%#H ,but some people have it worse than others..So we all need to be more humble that its not as bad as it coukd be ....I myself if anyones read some of my post have lucky survived mutiple things I have no idea how I did..and yes its a B%#H to deal with the constant on going complications that have followed over the last 3.5yrs BUT ive had 3.5 more to live and hopefully more..finger crossed with limited pain or nothing new that Im diagnosed with yet again..

Mysterious Mose
Reply to warrior

I have a friend who has been wheelchair bound for the last 30 years. He refers to himself as a formerly tall person. But for me, the term is quadriplegic. One of my pet peeves is when people feel they have to come up with shortened versions or nicknames. Sort of like when people are uncomfortable when referring to me by my name and feel that they have to shorten it to Dan. Or worse yet, Danny, which I will not answer to. :-)

Daniel

Beachboy

Well, I'm known at work by many names.  

They used to call me Asshole.  But I pointed out... my butt has been rendered moot.  So now they just call me... Ass

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
AlexT
Reply to Mysterious Mose

Lol. We have a train dispatcher named Nathan. He absolutely hates it when we call him Nate over the radio. 🤭 His reply….it’s Nathan. 👍😁 The next day we do the same thing. 

AlexT

I’ve been watching documentaries lately. Vietnam war is my latest one. I have a hard time staying awake for most modern tv shows.

Mysterious Mose
Reply to AlexT

One of the reasons I never make a big deal out of it. I have a basic understanding of human nature. 😂

Daniel

Mysterious Mose
Reply to AlexT

Don't get me started on my fellow American's taste in entertainment. It's gotta have flash. And lots of guns. 

In regards to Ken Burns' Vietnam series, I managed to get halfway through 1968 (my year) and couldn't watch any more. One of these days, I will finish it.

Daniel

AlexT
Reply to Mysterious Mose

That’s a good one. I watched one awhile ago that was actually more thru the North Vietnamese viewpoint or how they prepared for war, it was good to see both sides and no biases, just real footage. 

Mysterious Mose
Reply to AlexT

Yes, I've seen that one, but haven't watched it yet. I think it is available via one of my subscriptions.

Bill

Hello Daniel.
Thanks for an interesting , if provocative subject of reality TV. 
I do like most of the programmes on Television because they are an ideal motivation for me to retreat to my office and write.
However, I did watch the recent drama  - 'Mr Bates vs the Post Office', which has been one of the best and most influential programmes in many years. 
Best wishes

Bill

PS: I rarely get people shorten the name Bill to 'B', but if they do I feel that it is a complement as B. Withers seems like an invitation to be friends, colleagues, or accomplices.