Totally blind ostomate.

Replies
Views
whitinge73

Hi there guys i read bills post about working blind. Well i am a totally blind lady with a stoma. I want people to know that you can be 100 percent independent with the stoma. I want to support people who have sight issues or anyone who wants to know more about this. I have got some unique ways of managing my stoma so if anyone wants to know more please message me thanks.

AlexT

How did you know Bill’s post was there? 

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,486 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

whitinge73
Reply to AlexT

I use a screen reader called voiceover on iPad and iPhone so i can read with my ears.

infinitycastle52777

i have no doubt that a blind person can learn to do just about anything. i used to have a blind friend and she would take pictures with her phone and make videos on youtube and do just all sorts of things. i think once you learn how to aproach a situation you can learn to adapt it to your needs. i didnt see bills post but i don't doubt that you can manage your stoma on your own. it's your body, why wouldn't you know how to manage.

Lee

AlexT
Reply to whitinge73

You probably have to listen to a lot of babbling on here from some. 😁🤭 😬

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Bill

Hello whitinge73.
Thanks for your post and for reading mine.
I am fascinated to hear and read about people's experiences, methods and procedures in overcoming obstacles in their lives and dealing with stomas is no exception in this regard.
I had not heard of 'voiceover' before, so looked it up. When I get a bit more time I will try it out on some of my rhyme to see what the synthetic voice sounds like.

When I was much younger, I did have a blind client who was only too willing to share his wealth of experience with that condition and it was a real 'eyeopener' for me at the time.
As I usually try to document these experiences in rhyme, this was no exception. So, I'll share the rhyme with you in the hope that it expresses my sincere thanks both to him, to you,  and to all the people who have deemed to share their experiences with others. 
Best wishes

Bill

IT’S ALL IN  THE MIND.

Once I knew a blind man
who made it seem so real,
that he was locked in darkness 
and round the world would feel.

Graphically he showed to me
his failures and his hopes,
as I watched the way that he 
did fumble and did grope.

Then with a grin, did hold his chin