Taking Doxycycline with an Ileostomy After a Dog Bite

Replies
Views
Amaryllis
Apr 18, 2024 7:52 pm

I got a small dog bite, so the GP has put me on doxycycline. I'm a bit worried about taking it with an ileostomy. Has anyone else taken it okay?

Hisbiscus
Apr 18, 2024 8:55 pm

Yes, I've taken it many times with my ileostomy. I have chronic bronchitis and sinus issues. It's one of the least likely to cause C. diff also. It may make your output more smelly. At least it did mine, but I just add a bit more M9 to the bag for that.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,886 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Ben38
Apr 18, 2024 9:04 pm

They might make your output looser. They don't with me, but they can... I would start taking them a.s.a.p. if it was myself. Dog bites can cause some really nasty infections, and infection can get into your bone, which can get very serious, requiring surgery.

eefyjig
Apr 18, 2024 9:27 pm

Just took a two-pill Doxycycline blast after finding a tick on my head. Totally fine. Just watch yourself in the sun.

AlexT
Apr 19, 2024 2:11 am
Reply to eefyjig

Huh? It's just a tick. 🐞 (Yes, I know that's a ladybug, but it's the closest emoji I had.)

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Beachboy
Apr 19, 2024 7:56 pm
Reply to eefyjig

That would really tick me off!

eefyjig
Apr 21, 2024 7:26 pm
Reply to Beachboy

Wah wah 🎶😂