Barbie Butt Surgery Recovery: Seeking Advice and Encouragement

Replies
Views
Roocat
Apr 20, 2024 11:21 am

Hi there, I'm new to this site and from the UK. I had my Barbie butt surgery 5 weeks ago. I had a plastic surgeon perform a flap from my left buttock to use to close the wound. It's healing well but feels pretty uncomfortable. I can now sit on a pressure cushion for 10 mins at a time and can build that up gradually over the next few weeks to an hour. Anyone had a procedure the same as this? Any words of encouragement as to when it will start to feel β€˜normal' and not like I have something wedged in there? Thanks x

ron in mich
Apr 20, 2024 12:53 pm

Hi Roo, welcome to the site. I don't think I sat totally upright for any length of time for at least 6 months when I got my ileo and butt removed 30 some years ago.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,886 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Hisbiscus
Apr 20, 2024 11:46 pm

It takes a long while, but it will get better. It was a few months, I think. Keep the area clean in hot weather especially. I can remember it's been about 5 years or more for me, but it's totally good and feels normal there now. Patience.

warrior
Apr 22, 2024 9:02 am

At Roocat... this flap was created by a plastic surgeon?

Not your rectal doctor at the time of ileo?

This puzzles me. Involving a plastic surgeon.

My rectal doc sewed both cheeks together like a bridge above the surgery to close the rectum. Help it stay intact. Good idea mechanically. Bad idea feeling it while sitting πŸ˜†πŸ˜³πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ Yes, a wedge feels like a kind of thing since October 2023 surgery. Just does not feel right... nope... perhaps time will help get used to it... so far... short on time. 😁

Please explain how a plastic surgeon gets involved doing something a rectal surgeon should have done in the first place?!

Who came up with this idea?

IGGIE
Apr 22, 2024 4:04 pm

G'day Roocat, I am also trying to work out why you had to have a skin flap to cover the area. I also have a Ken Butt, but all he did was stitch the two sides together. What was the reason for the skin flap? Regards, IGGIE

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
Ethelisme2
May 11, 2024 3:46 am
Reply to warrior

Warrior, I am 5 months post-surgery for colostomy and Barbie butt surgery. A plastic surgeon did Barbie butt and a colorectal surgeon did colostomy on me.

warrior
May 11, 2024 3:54 am
Reply to Ethelisme2

Ah, ok... that clears things up... I think... maybe... dunno. Sorry. Never thought a plastic surgeon would be called in on this... but you might have a newer take on this... a new way... the next big thing? I just never thought of it. Glad it worked out for ya.

warrior
May 11, 2024 3:58 am
Reply to IGGIE

Skin flap? A stitch of the two cheeks, you mean? I'm calling it a bridge... a trestle... some kind of skin tag attaching both cheeks, yet low...

Terminology here really trips me up.

Flap blows me away. So Iggie, you and I got this and one other so far.

Do you know the reason behind this being done? I'm thinking to keep rectal stitches intact. Thoughts?