From Comfort to Chaos: Embracing Life's Unexpected Pushes

Replies
Views
Angelicamarie

A baby lives in the womb for nine months. The baby is comfortable and doesn't have to do anything. He/she gets food from the mother, gets carried around all day.

Sleeps whenever he/she wants to, it's peaceful and calm and life is good. For a season that's healthy, the baby is growing and maturing, that's the way it's designed.

If the infant stays in the womb too long, he/she outgrows the space. When it comes through the birth canal, it's tight, uncomfortable, and traumatic.

Now all HELL breaks loose! He/she thinks, "What is wrong with mama? Has she lost her mind?" He/she is being pushed, squeezed, and pressured. Finally, he/she comes out and breathes new life.

Using the above as an analogy, it brings me to this point. Before sickness hit, I was in my comfort zone. Then I was pushed because of surgery that changed and saved my life. We all go through different changes after that.

Some are listed below:

Rejected/husband, wife, and lover

Betrayal/Someone whom we thought was a friend

Loss/Someone or something

Persecution

New birth has occurred - yes, a door was closed but another opened. I wouldn't have known my strength. What looked like a disappointment was a birth.

Today is a new day!

Best wishes,

Angelicamarie

Past Member

Great attitude!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,579 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

mild_mannered_super_hero

Well said, Angel.

Puppyluv56

Great post, Angel! Great analogy!

Pup

Angelicamarie

Weirdnewlife, Mmsh, and Puppyluv... Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed the post. Appreciate the support!

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
AMrfd

I find it simply amazing at the strengths people can find when they're confronted with a situation like this. Good for you, don't give up. You are worth it.

Morning glory

Very well said Angelicamarie, I think many of us have experienced at least one of the changes listed. Acceptance and a positive attitude is key for healing both body and mind. Thanks for sharing.

Mike crow

You are awesome

Angelicamarie

Morning glory.... Thanks for responding, your comments were much appreciated.

A

Angelicamarie

A Mrfd.. I apologize for not addressing you first, didn't see your comment. Thanks so... much! Remember, you're worth it also...

Angelicamarie

Mike Crow... That's so very kind of you to say... I simply try to support others. Have a great day!

Bagface

Angel, I so enjoy your posts. Thanks for bringing inspiration to so many lives. You understand the true meaning of life: helping others.

Angelicamarie

BagFace... Your kind words are appreciated. Thank you!

Angel