12,557 members   114,233 exchanged messages   50,264 forum posts
Advertisement
Currently online
1 members & 3 visitors

I am a 66-year-old Male
Interested in meeting or talking to: Anyone
Advertisement
Living with an ileostomy?
Psychologists at Hull University have teamed up with the Ileostomy Association to build an Online Educational Tool designed to reduce stress and boost happiness in people living with ileostomies.

If you would like to take part in a study testing this tool and potentially lifting your happiness levels, please contact: J.Spiers@Hull.ac.uk
Advertisement
Stomaplex - ostomy belts and stoma guards
Latest Topics
swimming with aqua seals

Views: 18 Replies: 0

Simple question!

Views: 38 Replies: 0

ostomy supplies

Views: 107 Replies: 1

New to the site.

Views: 107 Replies: 2

Memorial Day

Views: 104 Replies: 1

help needed

Views: 214 Replies: 5

Just for Laughs
View unanswered forum posts
Stomaplex - ostomy belts and stoma guards
Na`Scent Ostomy Odor Eliminator

Chat room

Go to page: 1, 2  Next
Welcome to MeetAnOstoMate.org - the largest Online Ostomy Community
Watch MeetAnOstoMate Video
Get answers to your questions from other members.
Find ostomates in your area and around the world.
With so many great people, you just never know ...
Forum, Chat, Personal Blog, Private Messenger.

Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:50 pm
I've been popping in & out of chatroom on a Daily basis for about 10 months & only managed to chat to about 5 people!!!!! It could be a world time difference thing ...USA.UK , Australia  etc......I dont bother so much now , bit of a waste of time........

Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:56 am
im in & out often.  talked to one person so far.  hopefully more will visit

Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:07 am
There is something wrong with the chat room on this site.  Its not in real time as far as who is said to be online.  Either that or the method in which the recieving user is contacted is flawed.

Rick.....

Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:51 am
I've talked to 6 people in the last week. I think one of the secrets to success is to stay a while waiting for contact and not pop in and out. I refresh the home regularly and it gives a more accurate indication of how many are online or in the chatroom. JLV

Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:25 am
Just chat folks. JLV

Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:27 am
I too come into the chat room never met a soul perhaps we should take a time check and all come on at the same tome I usually comein late as I have a problem sleeping I am in the uk so people in the us should be around but no  not even a boogyman!!! lol

Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:42 pm
The last time that I was in the chat room there were 4-5 of us talking and having a good time. I haven't really seen anyone in there for awhile. It is a place for us to meet one another and talk about our ostomies or life in general. Cmon people lets start talking! lol

Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:06 am
Good news Guys,

Today, about 5 hours ago, there were five of us at once in the chatroom! We were chatting for ages.

Aussie hugs and cheers, Julie

Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:28 pm

janice wrote:
im in & out often.  talked to one person so far.  hopefully more will visit
  think we all should hang out in the chatroom first and see what happens

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:00 pm
been hangout in chat room watch people come and go come and go on mountain time zone here i talked with jlv couple days ago we had 5 peeps in at once then they all bailed

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:58 pm
I was on there yesterday...chatted nicely to JLV and lottagelady...I do believe to sit and wait a bit,specially if you see others on line....works...curiousity always gets me...or i have had the private chat....but sometimes it pops up and i say accept...then there is nobody on the other end...mmm..not sure whats going on there..but the chatting is good,shame theres not more of it..Im waiting in the chat room as we chat now..and last look there was about 6 of us on line...Too much to read too maybe...lol..ok im done..cya's

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:09 pm
hi i ve not long joined this site and have been able to use the one to one chat a few times although it seems to cut off often,can anyone tell me the chat room often says there are 2 or 3 people in there but when i go in no-one is there,is it just me i admit i.m not the best on the pc but this seems odd!

Posted: Tue May 03, 2011 3:53 pm
I see I made a comment here Aug 2009 and I have still only chatted to 1 person in the general chat room whats up you all too shy?

Posted: Tue May 03, 2011 4:37 pm
Hi Boatlady,
General Chat becomes pretty busy around 10:30 EST, mostly Americans and Canadians. Our ostomates from UK and Australia are usually not here at that time. Join us.
Prime

Posted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:15 pm
Hi Prime,

to all you other people talking about the chat rooms.....................

Prime and I have a bit of history and the only connection we have is through

the different "TOPIC" forums," lets talk"", ask a question"," crack a joke", etc.

As a matter of fact I have never been in a chat before,  but I really enjoy the "TOPIC"

You should try it  sometime,   right Prime?
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.
G-ads
Go to page: 1, 2  Next
Other topics