Hyundai Santa Fe

In this discussion
Replies
Views
blessedtobealive50

Hi everyone, I am in need of opinions. I just bought a new van, and I still have my othe car, which is a SUV. I still owe quiet a bit of money on it. I would like to sell it but dont think I will get what I owe. How would I go about having someone taking over payments but put it in their name. And take my name of completely?I have a daughter in GA that would help make the payments but my exhusband would cover the insurance. But my name still on the contractMy ex husband and I havent spoken in yr, I dont trust him. Any suggestions would be appreciated, good or bad.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,086 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Penguins7

Hey Blessed,One thing to consider is when you sell a vehicle the person who buys it must pay sales tax on the vehicle. This is Michigan law and not sure on GA law on vehicle sale. You may want to try and sell the car and see what you can get and then consider plan B. I recently sold my son's car on Craigs list and it only took 14 hours. Make sure to take someone with you and meet at a neutral busy site if you sell it privately. Good luck. Penguins7

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Primeboy

This kind of multi-party nbsparrangement nbsp;is problematic. There should be one registered owner with the insurance policy in his or her name. People can give you money to help you cover the cost of payments or insurance premiums; but, I assure you, you as owner will be the only legally recognized party in any transaction. Good luck!

nbsp; nbsp; PB

blessedtobealive50

Thank you for your advice sorry awhile to answer. But I let the car go back