Reversing Diverticulitis Surgery - Update from the Hospital Bed

Replies
Views
currentsitguy
Jan 21, 2020 11:46 pm

Well, after 15 or so months I've finally reached the point where we can undo this. I had terrible diverticulitis, the surgeon said it was "fistulas everywhere". I had a double colonoscopy (both ends) about a month back and everything checks out A-OK in terms of my healing.

I'm a little concerned about potential trouble, but she assures me she foresees no post-surgical trouble and that I should expect to be "back to normal" in a short period of time.

I'll log in from my hospital bed and update.

Morning glory
Jan 22, 2020 1:21 am

Wishing you well.

Rebecca

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,866 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

lovely
Jan 22, 2020 1:51 am

Hi currentsitguy, so happy you are able to get a reversal. Wish you all the best. Please keep us updated.

iMacG5
Jan 22, 2020 2:53 am

Hey Currentsitguy, looking forward to the good news from you in a day or two.

Wishing you the very best,

Mike

Bagface
Jan 22, 2020 3:00 am

Best of luck to you!!

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Puppyluv56
Jan 22, 2020 4:22 am

So happy for you! Everyone's dream! Praying for a speedy recovery! Keep us posted, we love those success stories!
Puppyluv

Past Member
Jan 22, 2020 6:26 am

Good luck and speedy recovery.

w30bob
Jan 22, 2020 9:45 am

Awesome dude, that's great news! Speedy recovery!!

Regards,

Bob

ron in mich
Jan 22, 2020 2:09 pm

Good luck. Hope all goes well and speedy recovery.

Angelicamarie
Jan 22, 2020 2:54 pm

Good luck!

Angelicamarie

Bill
Jan 22, 2020 7:13 pm

Hello currentsitguy.

Just a short note to add my own very best wishes and I hope it all goes well for you.

Bill

wiljpeters
Jan 23, 2020 12:30 am

Best of luck, currentsitguy!!! Hope it goes well.

Newbeee
Jan 23, 2020 9:38 pm

Wishing you a speedy recovery!! I am counting down the weeks until I can get my reversal.

Puppyluv56
Jan 24, 2020 4:25 am

Current sit guy,

Hoping your surgery went well and your recovery is smooth!
Let us know how you are when you feel like it!
Pup

wiljpeters
Jan 25, 2020 3:44 pm

Adding my best wishes for a speedy recovery. I had my ileostomy reversed last May. It takes time and everyone's different. I had cancer, so I lost most of my rectum, so it's been a lot of Imodium and Lomotil. However, it's a great milestone. Best of luck!!!