13,087 members   117,670 exchanged messages   51,915 forum posts
Currently online
2 visitors
Featured topic
Has anyone ever wondered why this had to happen to them. I've only had my ostomy siince February ...
Stomaplex - ostomy belts and stoma guards
Latest Topics
Going for a Trek to Himalay...

Views: 64 Replies: 3

So friends, what are we dea...

Views: 197 Replies: 7

So what is more of a challe...

Views: 195 Replies: 2

Views: 114 Replies: 0

Traveling to NYC October 18...

Views: 142 Replies: 0

Yoga participation

Views: 168 Replies: 2

Just for Laughs
View unanswered forum posts
Stomaplex - ostomy belts and stoma guards
Na`Scent Ostomy Odor Eliminator

Stealth Belt

Welcome to MeetAnOstoMate - the largest Online Ostomy Community
Get support
Get answers to your questions from other members.
Make friends
Find ostomates in your area and around the world.
Meet someone special
With so many great people, you just never know ...
Free your mind
Forum, Chat, Personal Blog, Private Messenger.
13,087 members
117,670 exchanged messages
51,915 forum posts

Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:34 am
Please share your experience if you've used the stealth belt.  My ileostomy is on the left side.  Can't figure out how to empty if the appliance is horizontal and end of appliance is facing away from the body?

Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:10 pm
i have mine with the opening horizion it works for me

Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:45 pm
I thought it didn't stay loud. But I just saw that ad. I want to make a belt with a pocket so it's held in a bit closer to my torso, especially when I'm exercising. But I've never seen one and can't find a detailed picture. Does anyone know if there are any websites or resources for sewing belts, covers, etc? Or if anyone can explain how they work, I can probably figure it out.

Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:31 pm
I think they're called belly bands?  Or privacy bands?  look at websites that have intimate apparel for ostomies.  I'll post back if I find one.

Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:34 pm
Can you turn your bag without unclipping it?  I wear a 2-piece that if I unlock the snapping ring than I can (carefully) turn the bag where I want it, then lock again in place.  It doesn't seperate the bag from flange to unlock it.

Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:44 pm

I have not used the Stealth belt per se, but I have been using the Phoenix belt (custom sized) as well as the Better Life Ostomy belt, both horizontal wear belts such that the outlet of the bag faces away from the body.  I use Convatec Natura drainable bags model 411310, just saying because some bags are longer than others and that will make a difference.  My stoma is on my right side but I'm not sure that it would make much difference.  I do not have much issue at all emptying.  When I am at home, I kneel in front of the toilet to empty.  When out, I sit on the very back of the toilet seat and basically "bend" the bag opening down between the legs to empty.  I rarely have issues.  It helps if you massage any output collected near the stoma towards the bag outlet before opening, since when you bend the bag down it creates a crease in the bag near where it is connected to the wafer.  The length of the bag allows there to be enough bent downward to more or less approximate if you were wearing it hanging straight down.  If I'm not being clear please message me and I will clarify.

I much prefer wearing the bag horizontally.  Due to the vertical location of my stoma (about an inch below and two inches to the right of the belly button), there is nothing I hated more than when I wore it initially straight down and a partially-filled bag would yank on the wafer due to the cinching of the pants waistline.  Probably my main concern about wearing horizontally was output staying near the stoma rather than falling downward away from the stoma, and how this would affect wear time.  It has not caused any noticeable difference at all to wear time or long-term comfort of an appliance.  Anyway, just my two cents....

Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:53 pm
I found an old post saying this is what they use.  good luck!
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.
Other topics