What to do...

Views: 494 Replies: 7

Kock pouch

Views: 177 Replies: 2

Just for Laughs

View unanswered forum posts

Na`Scent Ostomy Odor Eliminator  
  It's in the Bag and Under the Covers by Brenda Elsagher

Ostomy | Colostomy | Ileostomy | Urostomy | Ostomy Surgery & Procedures | Ostomy Reversal | Ostomy Tips | J-pouch
Clothing, Swimming & Ostomy | Hernia & Ostomy | Intimacy, Dating & Ostomy | Ostomy Pouch Covers | Foods, Diet & Ostomy

Stealth Belt

Welcome to the greatest Ostomy Community

4,871 members interested in a relationship

10,558 members looking for support

110,548 exchanged private messages

48,302 forum posts

1,271 blogs

66 nurses

Get support      Make friends      Meet someone special

MeetAnOstoMate.org

Forum Home Page -> Ostomy-related questions

Reply to topic   Post new topic Create your account  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
 maxadoodle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:34 am    Post subject: Stealth Belt Reply with quote

Please share your experience if you've used the stealth belt.  My ileostomy is on the left side.  Can't figure out how to empty if the appliance is horizontal and end of appliance is facing away from the body?
 airforce1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have mine with the opening horizion it works for me

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:45 pm    Post subject: Sewing a belt Reply with quote

I thought it didn't stay loud. But I just saw that ad. I want to make a belt with a pocket so it's held in a bit closer to my torso, especially when I'm exercising. But I've never seen one and can't find a detailed picture. Does anyone know if there are any websites or resources for sewing belts, covers, etc? Or if anyone can explain how they work, I can probably figure it out.
 banshie3by5

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:31 pm    Post subject: Sports hold Reply with quote

I think they're called belly bands?  Or privacy bands?  look at websites that have intimate apparel for ostomies.  I'll post back if I find one.

Marcella
Oregon
 banshie3by5

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:34 pm    Post subject: Direction Reply with quote

Can you turn your bag without unclipping it?  I wear a 2-piece that if I unlock the snapping ring than I can (carefully) turn the bag where I want it, then lock again in place.  It doesn't seperate the bag from flange to unlock it.

Marcella
Oregon
 smith311

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Stealth belt Reply with quote

maxadoodle,

I have not used the Stealth belt per se, but I have been using the Phoenix belt (custom sized) as well as the Better Life Ostomy belt, both horizontal wear belts such that the outlet of the bag faces away from the body.  I use Convatec Natura drainable bags model 411310, just saying because some bags are longer than others and that will make a difference.  My stoma is on my right side but I'm not sure that it would make much difference.  I do not have much issue at all emptying.  When I am at home, I kneel in front of the toilet to empty.  When out, I sit on the very back of the toilet seat and basically "bend" the bag opening down between the legs to empty.  I rarely have issues.  It helps if you massage any output collected near the stoma towards the bag outlet before opening, since when you bend the bag down it creates a crease in the bag near where it is connected to the wafer.  The length of the bag allows there to be enough bent downward to more or less approximate if you were wearing it hanging straight down.  If I'm not being clear please message me and I will clarify.

I much prefer wearing the bag horizontally.  Due to the vertical location of my stoma (about an inch below and two inches to the right of the belly button), there is nothing I hated more than when I wore it initially straight down and a partially-filled bag would yank on the wafer due to the cinching of the pants waistline.  Probably my main concern about wearing horizontally was output staying near the stoma rather than falling downward away from the stoma, and how this would affect wear time.  It has not caused any noticeable difference at all to wear time or long-term comfort of an appliance.  Anyway, just my two cents....

George
 banshie3by5

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:53 pm    Post subject: Bella Bands Reply with quote

I found an old post saying this is what they use.  good luck!

G-ads

Other topics

Reply to topic    Forum Home Page -> Ostomy-related questions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: