Need someone that I can talk and bother with questions and stuff?

Replies
Views
abizai.rebollar

I recently got a sigmoid colectomy. It’s been a week and I’m still feel kinda in the dark (knowledge wise). Anyone that wouldn’t mind being bothered by what may seem dumb or annoying questions. Would like to make more friends thru this as well. Thank you 🙏 

NancyCat

Welcome! you will find that everyone here is very helpful. Nothing that u can ask could be too dumb or annoying or gross. We're all here to help and provide support for each other...

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,485 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Riva

Hi and Welcome . Education is key on this new journey of yours.   I suggest you check out UOAA, United Ostomy Association of America. It’s our National organization.  Also , Ostomy101.com .  You will learn about foods, blockages, skin care, clothing , Ostomy products, travel, activities , and a whole host of other tricks of the trade.   You might also want to check out a local support group near you .  Just remember you are not alone on this new journey of yours. Wearing a pouch does not define whom you are.  There are solutions. We’re here for you . Best of luck.

Justbreathe

Lots of friendly and helpful people on this site - you’ve come to the right place - welcome…jb

abizai.rebollar
Reply to NancyCat

Thank you so much! 

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
abizai.rebollar
Reply to Riva

Thank you! 

AlexT

Ask away, someone will have an answer

LJB222

Fire away! This group is friendly, knowledgable and no one is left feeling lonely :-) 

Caz67

Welcome to the site nothing off limits on the site xx

Morning glory

Welcome  to the site. You ask as many questions  as you want. No one will make you feel like you have asked a stupid question.  We all learn from each other.

Kirsten
Reply to NancyCat

I had a sigmoid colectomy in March this year. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have. Warning though, mine went super well and I felt like I got my life back - until I developed complications in June and had a loop (temporary) ileostomy in September. So my story didn't go in the expected direction, and my experience may not be typical. I don't want to give you any unnecessary worries. My complicated were considered rare. 

abizai.rebollar
Reply to Kirsten

I understand and would still love the chance to ask questions! The more I know the more comfortable I am feeling about what I went thru. Everyone has been so helpful. 

Mysterious Mose

No dumb questions here. Personally, I parted ways with my colon 2 days shy of a year now. It was a less than amicable parting, but I have forgiven it. :-)

Daniel

Mom2Sons

Welcome to the sight. I don’t post a lot on here but I do read everyone’s comments most of the time. A lot of good information and very supportive. I’ve had a permanent ileostomy since January 2018 after failed j-pouch. I’m not without a hiccup (with my pouch) from time to time but I’m healthy, I travel and I’m enjoying life. This is a very good place to ask anything you want. So many different experiences. You are sure to find help with any problem concerning all things ostomy here. 😊