Softer Alternatives to Post-Surgery Support Belts?

Replies
Views
truleigh
Feb 01, 2024 9:38 pm

I have a support belt prescribed by the hospital after my colostomy three weeks ago. It is very stiff and uncomfortable, and if I sit down, it rides up. I have been wearing it during the day until it becomes too uncomfortable and itchy. Can anybody recommend a softer alternative, and how long is it normal to use a belt? I live in Spain, so it might be difficult to obtain an alternative.

w30bob
Feb 01, 2024 11:12 pm

Hi Tru,

Depends on what you mean by 'support belt'. If you mean the kind that attaches to your bag to keep pressure on your wafer/barrier, etc., those are typically different for each manufacturer and only work with their stuff. If you mean just a generic ostomy belt that your bag passes through, there are a lot of choices. I won't recommend any one specifically, as we're all different, and what works for me probably won't work for you. But just Google 'ostomy belt' and you'll have more choices than you'll want. Not sure who delivers to Spain, but I'm sure you have options. And I'm sure others will chime in and tell you what works best for them. Welcome aboard, even if only temporarily!

;O)

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,889 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.