Hi All and Emergency Bags.

Replies
Views
infinitycastle52777

Hey everyone. I just felt like writing a post. I am waiting for my sleeping pill to kick in. Today I changed my bag and amazingly Marvin the stoma didn't poop on my hand! That has to be the first time in a very long time that it has behaved long enough for me to do a change. I am impressed, and grateful. I was wondering if anyone else has an emergency bag packed and stored near a door out of the house. I have one in the hall closet with enough supplies for 10 changes. I had read that it is advisable to keep a bag ready incase something like your house catches on fire or there is a natural disaster. I read a story about a family caught in an earth quake and they had a little boy in the family with an ostomy and they were not able to get his supplies. It was a desperate situation. So that gave me the idea that I should pack an emergency bag. Has anyone else thought of doing this? I am thinking of packing a second bag for downstairs that I can put in my closet, that way if I can't get upstairs and I have to go out my bedroom window like to avoid a fire, then I will have one packed downstairs too. I wonder if I am just being overly prepared. I just feel like if something happened and I couldn't get my supplies I'd be in a panic. 

Lee

kittybou

Great idea! 😃

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,485 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Caz67

Hiya

I'm sure if a emergency such as a fire your supplies would be the last thing on your mind. X

kittybou
Reply to Caz67

I didn't have a stoma when we had a house fire. All I cared about was getting the animals out.luckily, it was smouldering. All the damage was water. 

Beth22

I always carry an emergency bag  and everything I need with me in my purse. 

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
IGGIE

If you do have a fire and you just run out and not enough time to grab your supplies, How about having a stash of goods at a friends place or one of the family. Regards IGGIE

Littlefish

Good idea, I just started keeping enough tackle for 3 change outs in both my Jeep and truck.  Need to be ready at all times, who knows where the day will take you.   

Kas

I keep a toiletry bag with a few changes worth of supplies in my purse as well as in my work bag - always paranoid!

aTraveler

I have a me+ bag from ConvaTec that I keep filled with a week's worth of supplies. I use this bag when I go anywhere locally. I also have a bookbag that I keep filled with a month's worth of supplies. I use this bag when I travel out of town. When hurricane season begins in June, I will move the bookbag next to my hurricane evaluation supplies. I had not thought of doing this until I read your message. Thanks.

Happy-but-Newbie

there is no such thing as being over prepared :-)

whatever comes to your mind and gives you serenity...go ahead

DexieB
Reply to Kas

I did too before reversal!  One toiletry bag in my house, one in my car (along with a change of clothes), and one at work.  Also kept a few extra bags in my purse....like you, I was always paranoid!