Carry Post-it sticky notes with you

Replies
Views
cjotl2019

Carry post it sticky notes with you in case you have to use a public toilet that is automatic. That way you can cover the sensor up with the sticky note and the toilet isn’t flushing the whole time you are emptying your ostomy.

warrior

that's a neat trick.  hate those auto toilets. thanks.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,514 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Beachboy

My work has recently installed those.  At first I would forget.  Line the bowl with toliet paper, step back to undo my bag drain... and whoosh... my liners down the drain.   Dammit!

So now I grab a paper towel and drape it over the sensor. 

I like the "post it" note idea.  Will be fun leaving it on the sensor for the next guest.  

Morning glory

Good idea, thanks for  passing it on.

CrappyColon

You know who else this a good idea for? People with young children... I seem to be in the minority with kids still at home, but some little kids really flip out with the auto flush. My daughter thought I was the devil incarnate once when I moved my hand away from the sensor too early.  This would've helped me so much when mine were younger.  I'm going to share this with family/friends with littles.  They'll think I'm a genius but don't worry, I'll give you credit.  :)

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
TerryLT

Brilliant!  I will use this for sure, thanks!

Terry

Hisbiscus

Oh gosh, so glad you posted this! I usually step away , far away lol,  but this is a much better idea!

MoeMoe

Sheer genius!! Thx for that tip!! 

ahynes111
Reply to Beachboy

Just leave a nice note behind!!!

stinelin1

You can also just lay a piece of toilet paper over the flushing mechanism to prevent the flush.

warrior

Bubble gum...a thick fat wad of it. No one will touch that shit.