Post Colostomy Reversal Day 5

Replies
Views
MoeMoe

Hey friends! So, day 5…. I didn’t wake up in pain today, took one 500 mg xtra strength Tylenol before I knocked out last night and will probably do that again tonight but I definitely do not need anything stronger or anything to get me thru the day. Yay!! I hate popping pills. I do have a small amount of pain when I stand up from sitting or when I lay down in the general abdominal area but nothing unbearable, I just move slowly and it’s not so bad. I feel a stinging sensation at both ends of the stoma closure and I still have rectal pain when passing gas or pooping but that too is not bad and goes away after the gas passes or when I get off the toilet. I am starting to get frustrated at how many times I have to go to the restroom on the daily. For reference, I was in there 12 times today, then I stopped counting. My bum hurts from the wiping and I’m starting to dread going to the restroom. Hopefully I don’t have to deal with this too much longer…. I think I’m going to buy diaper ointment as someone on a YouTube video suggested. Today, feeling like I might be able to start consuming my liquid vitamins and super greens again (as I have done for years) did not go well. I drank it and immediately, literally like 30 seconds after, I was in the restroom. I only went once, good thing, but because of that I felt a stomach ache coming and I really do not need that right now. I decided to sleep it off and all was well again. Note to self: no super greens until healed 🤣🤣 it may have been to strong for my sensitive tummy, but I’m not doing that again LOL I did it to myself guys!

All else remains the same: still wearing an adult diaper at night for peace of mind but still I have not had an accident, still have a lot of gas (not painful anymore tho’), using the abdominal binder during the day and still on a low fiber diet. Oh one thing, I did not have any blood in my BMs so I will take that small victory for today! However, I do feel like my appetite is slowly returning. Thank goodness because I do miss food! Can’t wait to get off the low fiber diet and back to my normal diet. Thank you everyone for the support and well wishes. Until tomorrow, have a good night! 

Morning glory

So good to hear that  pain is subsiding. Your story  is going to help so many.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,631 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

IGGIE

Every day's a new day and every day it's getting better. Look forward to No:- 6  Regards IGGIE

Beachboy

Good to hear pain is becoming bearable.  Be sure to dab... not wipe on toliet.  I made the mistake of wiping back when I was in the hospital.  At day 5.... I couldn't even touch my very sore butt.  

Thanks for a very detailed accounting of your post reversal journey.

Take care,

Dan

patandwinnie55

Thanks sharing - yikes! Mine is scheduled for May, and I have been looking into what to expect. Better to be prepared and learn from others' challenges.

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister