Hollister Flange 14203: Splitting Issues?

Replies
Views
bob.hewson
Aug 09, 2011 5:14 am

Hollister New Image 14203 57 mm Flange.

I have been using this flange for a few months and have had no problems, but yesterday after playing with my 2 1/2-year-old son, I felt wet to discover that the flange had split between the plastic retaining ring and the adhesive part. Not a big split but enough to allow a lot of waste to escape through the hole.

I will be commenting to Hollister about this fault in at least one flange, but has anyone else had any problems with this product.

Bob

Past Member
Aug 10, 2011 4:27 am

I have a different Hollister flange, #14608, but I had the exact same leak with one of them! Of course, in perspective, all the others have been fine. I guess anyone can get a stinker past quality control. If the company makes good on it for you, then all's well?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,889 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

DH
Aug 10, 2011 4:14 pm

I got free samples of the New Image Hollister flange 14202. I didn't have a problem with leakage, but after wearing the flange for a couple of days, I couldn't get the darn thing off. The barrier was glued to my skin. When I finally did get it peeled off, my skin was sore and irritated. I think I am going to stick with my one-piece unit.

Past Member
Aug 10, 2011 6:27 pm

I use Hollister flange #14803 and it works well for me. It isn't perfect but I have tried some samples of others and found them less satisfying.

I do sleep on my side and probably do some other things that might not be so good. But I adapt as I must. A belt helps keep everything in place but I just don't like them.

josiesmom
Aug 15, 2011 9:00 pm

I used to use Hollister 14803 but recently changed to Convatec because I was having so many problems with leakage. After calling Hollister to report my problems, CS referred me to their Ostomy Nurse. She sent me free samples in a smaller size but again all I had was leakage. Since changing to Convatec, I have been able to get 7-8 days before having to change the wafer again. Much better than sometimes less than 24 hours!

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
toodie
Aug 16, 2011 3:36 am

I've just had the same blowout. Luckily, I was at home and caught it before it was too messy. I will be calling my Hollister rep this week. I've also had problems with the paper not peeling off the back of the flange. Drives me nuts!

Ocker
Aug 17, 2011 11:45 pm

I had a tear in a Hollister flange (wafer) but it was my own fault. I just caught it slightly as I was passing through a doorway and it ripped a hole in the clear plastic under the retaining ring. Panic ensued for a brief while until I could cut a new flange and fit it before I leaked everywhere.
Also, I have had the odd occasion when the backing paper is hard to remove or separates into two pieces.