13,090 members   117,690 exchanged messages   51,918 forum posts
Currently online
1 members & 3 visitors

I am a 49-year-old Male
Interested in meeting or talking to: Female
Featured topic
Has anyone ever wondered why this had to happen to them. I've only had my ostomy siince February ...
Stomaplex - ostomy belts and stoma guards
Latest Topics
Stomaplex - ostomy belts and stoma guards
Na`Scent Ostomy Odor Eliminator

Can anyone make some bag covers for me please...I CANT SEW..

Welcome to MeetAnOstoMate - the largest Online Ostomy Community
Get support
Get answers to your questions from other members.
Make friends
Find ostomates in your area and around the world.
Meet someone special
With so many great people, you just never know ...
Free your mind
Forum, Chat, Personal Blog, Private Messenger.
13,090 members
117,690 exchanged messages
51,918 forum posts

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:02 am
Hi..just wondering if anyone is handy with a sewing machine to whip up a couple of cover for my colostomy bag

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:56 am
I haven't felt a need to cover my bag.  However, when it is really hot, it sometimes wants to cling to my skin.  A newborn baby bib has worked well for me.  Just tie it around.  I don't like the ones with velcro.

Also, the soft baby washcolths that are two layers work also.  I cut a slit and put the bag between the two layers.  It is very soft, comfortable, and doesn't add much bulk.

Both protect my skin from the heat.  I haven't felt a need to beautify the bag.  

I am sure there will be lots more options presented.

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:05 pm
The best thing(s) I bought for myself were from ostomy secrets website. They are Lycra type bands that have pockets. I bought the swim one & regular (more elastic) more hold for exercise etc. I still use the one for belly support now- months after my reversal. Kind of spendy but I could swim or wear jeans & have a low profile & not feel like anyone knew what I had going on "under it all" - I can sew but these were such a great design & I wanted them like yesterday when I found them. Best wishes.

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:28 pm
i have the clear bags do to the size i have the 4inch waffers and bags so the dont have much for them so its cut to fit and i wear a wrap most of the time so it doesnt show as bad

Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:25 am
Why not just make them yourself?

I'm not a seamstress myself but I make my own similar to a pattern from the below website.

After all, if you use your initiative, it is nothing harder than slapping a couple of scraps of material together.

Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:16 pm
Hi, Have you checked out the site for C&S Ostomy Pouch Covers. They make neat pouch covers that come in all types of fabrics and designs. The name of the site is www.shop.cspouchcovers.com.

Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:49 am
hey Jo, I checked out your link and got into the "The History of the Stoma" section. Thanks for posting something that aids my daily thanks giving! Wow! We sure have come a long way baby!

Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:29 pm
i used old socks that were too holey too wear.

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:23 am
Found a great company for pouch covers.....koolostomy.com The owner is an ostomate and makes a custom hand made cover. The material against the body is made of special material to help remove the sweat from the skin caused by the bag. I have ordered several and find them wonderful.

Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:25 am
Hey Tania,

I wear a 2-piece Hollister New Image wafer and bag that is covered both sides in fabric, so I have no problems in anything sticking to me - plus, I don't have to ever see the "stuff" in my bag. It's just a suggestion to you. There's also another company website called: http://cspouchcovers.com where you can purchase tons of pouch covers with different designs (including all the holidays) for $14.95 each. I hope you find this helpful.

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.
Other topics