Ostomy - Take Down with a Replacement Button on Stomach

Replies
Views
Sweete07

I have been working with three doctors and talking about a surgery that could be in my future. I'm not sure of the name of the surgery but it has to do with having a button on your stomach and being able to clean yourself out after you put a tube in it. I'm not really sure and I was wondering if anyone had any information on this? I know there is a surgery called the Mace surgery which is somewhat similar. If anyone has any information, please let me know!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,086 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member
Hi there,
I looked into this surgery a few times. They called it a Koch (like: coke) pouch.
I was told it had a lot of potential problems, possible fistula at the opening. They described it as a plastic type of plug with a hole for a catheter. I consulted with a Gastro in Kings College London and he did not recommend it, so I'm not sure how it is now.
If you have any more info, please let me know.

Another good site is "ostomyland".
Best wishes, Eamon
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Past Member

Have a look at BCIR.com, I will send you a message a friend wrote about BCIR surgery, they're very happy with it.