Had reversal. Best way to donate my supplies?

Replies
Views
Terapined

Wanted to maybe help someone local with my unneeded supplies now that I had a reversal. Any ideas? Maybe approach a local veterans group?

NotDeadYet

I googled "free ostomy supplies" and found lots of sites that are trying to give out supplies for free.

If you search like you're trying to get supplies for free, you'll find places who need to give them. . .

Congratulations on your reversal!

I'll be green with envy until the day when you accidentally happen upon a restaurant that is so spicy that you dash to the loo every 10 minutes while us colostomates go "Ooh! Love those spices." But that's Envy Talk, really.

We all would love to be in your shoes, and are really happy for you!

A bit jealous, but in a good way! Like when our kids leave us. . . for college!

Thank you for donating supplies instead of trashing them. Part of you would probably rather have the whole experience taken away by the garbage men, but our hats off to you for finding a proper place for your old supplies!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,316 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Irjosh

I had reversal surgery in January and I too was wondering what to do with supplies I no longer needed, or wanted! LOL. But unfortunately, my reversal didn't take and I was back in the bag by mid-March. Fortunately, I hadn't gotten rid of anything yet. The point is, maybe you should wait a few months to make sure you're healthy. I hate to be the bearer of an unfortunate outcome. I'm the example of a surgery not working. I'm double lucky though, I'm getting yet another chance at reconstruction come September. After 3 surgeries in 1 year, I'm certain this will be my last chance at reconstruction. I pray this one takes. I was really sick when the last surgery didn't work. My surgeon is hopeful this time and I'm glad he's willing to go for it again. I'll be looking forward to donating leftover supplies when I'm healthy again. By the way, I have lots of leftover hardware from having a pic line. This hardware is leftover besides bags, powder, sealing rings, paste, and deodorant/lubricant. Like saline flush, heparin flush. Tubing, even IV hanger. Other related hardware as well.
Don't know if anyone has as much use for that stuff. I know people need the ostomy things. Hope everyone is well.

Mrs.A

Congratulations to you both. Donations are always needed by someone. If you're going local, maybe your hospital has an outreach program.