Bag Interference During Intimate Moments: Any Solutions?

Replies
Views
Killarney
Reply to tonybandit

What disguise did you use the first time, I'm not being nosy we are all in the same boat now.

pueanthony4

If you wear a belt with your Urostomy or Colostomy, tuck the bag underneath the belt to your left or right, depending on what side your bag is on, make sure you use the bathroom before any action take place.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,491 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Lins0808
Reply to Anonymous

I'm the same. I've had an ileostomy for 43 years (I'm 54) and have never used anything extra. It's never been an issue for me or my past partners. My husband says it's a non issue and I have no reason to believe otherwise.

Happy holidays!

JPT

an ostomy wrap (the spandex ones, not the stealth belt) is a game changer.

toddB

These are Coloplast Sensura Mio products.  They have two different velcro attachment locations.  Extended or Folded up.  The smallest is a "mini" and is what I prefer.

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
warrior
Reply to toddB

Hey Todd tell me about the last one on the right that's for the Mio flip because I was told they don't make those for the flip ..

you got a part number there? thanks

toddB
Reply to warrior

Sure thing!  Here is a screenshot from my edgepark account.

warrior
Reply to toddB

Thank you Todd I need to check something out because what I have here is an ostomy pouch and the part number on that was 2802 I'm looking out the thing right now and looks like a really tiny tiny small pancake but yours really is a pouch I believe ...It's not a stoma cap correct ??

cuz that's what I thought it was looking at it. i wanted a stoma cap.

toddB
Reply to warrior

Correct, these are pouches.  Here is the other side.

warrior

ok. thanks, Todd.

The funny thing about those stoma caps is that try as I might to imagine emptying one if that thing gets full during the intimate moment?? you can't..

you obviously have to excuse yourself for a few more than minutes because you got to clean that up and with no drain ?? !!  so the whole thing comes off and you got to pop on another one..

talk about a kill joy moment😔

toddB
Reply to warrior

I have never had that problem personally, but I can definitely see and appreciate what you are saying.  The one on the left that folds up does have expansion volume (by unfolding it) and a drain, if needed.

Xlshrimp

I found a black neoprene w/Velcro belt about 3” wide helps me, or I’ll just wear sports underwear and pull out thru the leg and carry on🦌tried the small size cap/bag but they fill up so fast I didn’t like it. Get lucky

Xlshrimp

I found a black neoprene w/Velcro belt about 3” wide helps me, or I’ll just wear sports underwear and pull out thru the leg and carry on🦌tried the small size cap/bag but they fill up so fast I didn’t like it. Get lucky