Reversal

Replies
Views
Knitmomster

Just wanted to post I had my reversal 12/21. I’m home and recovering nicely. Had a few rough days with loose output every 15 mins but that seems to have abated! I had a “normal “ movement this morning - and slept through the night! 

I am feeling so blessed! happy new year! I’m looking to make 2024 s good one! 

Rose Bud 🌹

Congrats...😊

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,489 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

14jax71

Hi,

That is good news. I'm happy for you. Have a happy and healthy 2024.

Happy New Year

Axl

Good for you.

Past Member

Amazing!! X how was it? And how was recovery straight after. I'm waiting for a date for Mine x 

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Mysterious Mose

I am glad to hear things are going well. I hope they continue to do so.

Daniel

Blindside

How many days in the hospital? Did you have control of your bowels? Did you wear an adult diaper? 
My surgery is Friday 1/5

Morning glory

Thanks  for the positive  post. I'm  so happy that everything  is going so well for you. This will help people  that are facing a reversal.

Knitmomster
Reply to Anonymous

Honestly it was not crazy bad. Stoma(less) site was sore. I packed diapers, pads and underwear and desitin cream and wipes.  They really helped. Good luck with your procedure!

Knitmomster
Reply to Blindside

I had surgery the afternoon of 12/21 and could have gone home 12/24 but I opted to go home 12/25. Be sure to pack desitin cream and use it right away! I also brought wipes, annd diapers and pads with underwear.  I wore the diapers - I never had any accidents but I felt better wearing them just in case. Good luck with your surgery! 

Past Member

Can you message me. I'd like to know more about the reversal procedure  as I will be having one at some point thanks 🙏

TnMike46

Well as for me, today I'm 3 weeks and 4 days since my reversal surgery.  The closed area is healed and I'm pretty much feeling like my old (I'm 77) self'

I had none of the issues previously stated.  My biggest problem was pretty bad constipation so a few doses of Myralax and stool softener eventually worked.  Another issue was extreme tiredness but as of now, I think I'm over that.  Now need to get on the treadmill.

I'm grateful to have had a wonderful surgeon and her staff and the good care I received at the hospital.

Happy New Year to all!!

Mysterious Mose
Reply to TnMike46

What type of ostomy did you have reversed? If an ileostomy, do you have any colon? Thanks.

Daniel

Knitmomster
Reply to Anonymous

I watched a YouTube video a woman did addressing what to expect/bring to hospital. The surgeries fine - the aftermath was a little rough but having desitin or similar ointment and a hand held bidet plus tucks and wipes really helped.  Once my bowels woke up I didn’t have any accidents but I didn’t delay getting on the toilet (do NOT think maybe it’s gas 🤣).  I was in surgery 12/21 and released home 12/25. I did not go anywhere for a week. I was careful what I ate and took benefiber to help. By 1/17 I was ready to drive from NC to TX over a two day period.  I still have some issues but every day it gets better.  I hope you get your reversal soon and it goes well for you!