Upcoming Colonoscopy - Positive Vibes Please!

Replies
Views
DexieB
Apr 03, 2024 2:57 pm

The big day is tomorrow. I'm working until noon today, which is really hard without coffee or food. The weather had been beautiful here in MN all winter until I came back to work, that is. It's been gloomy and winter again ever since, and my co-workers have been blaming me (naturally). Today I told them that if the surgeon finds any polyps, sorry, but it's going to be another 6 weeks of winter, so they better send good vibes my way :) If I get the all clear, it will be spring weather Monday! LOL I wish I had such power...

Morning glory
Apr 03, 2024 6:41 pm

Wishing the very best.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,894 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Jayne
Apr 03, 2024 6:50 pm

Dexie,

Wishing you all the best for your intervention tomorrow.

Be careful what you wish for - it would be a very heavy responsibility to have a 'direct line' for weather control ... Wouldn't it? lol

Sending hugs

Will be thinking of you tomorrow - are you on the morning or afternoon surgical list?

Jayne

x

DexieB
Apr 03, 2024 7:59 pm
Reply to Jayne

10:30 am. I have to be there an hour early, and it's an hour drive from home. Thanks for the positive energy ❤️‍🩹

Jayne
Apr 03, 2024 8:10 pm
Reply to DexieB

KK will keep you in mind from early tomorrow morning....

Once you are 'underway' - you will be 'into it' and this [in my experience] helps....

Wishing you a good drive in and gown up and procedure....

Hug

• Positive focus
  • Best of the best....

And I'll not contact directly after surgery.... especially the ensuing days.... for it's the time when the GA wears off and the personal pain management AFTER surgery which can be the most challenging.

I wish a smooth passage for you.

J

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
MoeMoe
Apr 03, 2024 10:44 pm

DexieB, just wanna wish you good luck tomorrow. I've been praying for you and I'm sure all will be fine. May God's holy hands bring you peace, comfort, and positive results! Many blessings to you, friend!! Let us know how it went.

AlexT
Apr 03, 2024 10:46 pm

Good luck tomorrow. Hope you don't poop your pants in the meantime. 😁 When you're done, you'll be like… I stressed over this? 🤷‍♂️😁

Kas
Apr 03, 2024 10:52 pm

Praying for a clean bill of health for you tomorrow!

DexieB
Apr 04, 2024 7:43 pm

Hello, thanks for the love everyone! It's done!

Yesterday was a miserable puke fest during prep again. I came to the realization that it was the Zofran (prescribed for nausea) that gave me a migraine during this prep and the last one. And migraines make me puke. So I didn't take any more Zofran after my realization and was able to finish the second half of the prep puke-free. However, I woke up in the middle of my procedure today and was puking. That was unpleasant, but I went right back under.

Afterward, the anesthesiologist asked me if I drank anything less than 2 hours before the procedure and I said no, because I really didn't—it was actually 4 hours since I'd had a drink but I don't think he believed me. Oh well. So my throat and chest hurt a little from coughing but I feel okay.

Best news—nothing was found! I was so scared going in but my surgeon listed all the things I've been through and said it is 100% normal to feel that way after everything. He assured me he would be very careful and I would be fine. No lesions or polyps were found. My recent reconnection looks good with healthy mucosa. No specimens were taken, and I don't need a colonoscopy for 3 years. Whooo hooo!

I am so glad I'll be able to enjoy my birthday this weekend 🌈. Thanks everyone. It means a lot ❤️‍🩹❤️❤️

DexieB
Apr 04, 2024 7:51 pm
Reply to AlexT

Thanks, AlexT. I didn't poop my pants; however, I did power puke while on the toilet, so that was unfortunate. TMI, sorry. And I did have to stop at two places to go to the bathroom on the long drive to the surgery center today. I wore a Depends just in case because I did not want to poop on my new SUV's vented seats 😂

I'm so glad it's over!

Kas
Apr 04, 2024 9:13 pm
Reply to DexieB

Wonderful news. Congratulations. & Happy Birthday!!!

Morning glory
Apr 04, 2024 11:25 pm
Reply to DexieB

Thank the Lord nothing was found. I hate that you had such an ordeal with the prep, though. I want you to have a very happy birthday.

kittybou
Apr 04, 2024 11:59 pm

💃 We will do the happy dance for you! Happy early birthday!!! 🎉🎂

And many more!!!!!

eefyjig
Apr 05, 2024 12:23 am

Happy birthday this weekend, Dexie - lots to celebrate! 🌷

Axl
Apr 05, 2024 1:45 am

Well, look at you, the perfect outcome.

We knew you could do it. Go, girl 👍

IGGIE
Apr 05, 2024 3:50 am

Great, great news! I told you you would be OK. The vibes really worked. Have a great birthday; you have deserved it. Regards, Iggie

MoeMoe
Apr 05, 2024 5:46 am

Fantastic news! Well, not the puking part, LOL, but thank God all is good! Yes! 🙌🏽

Happy birthday, DexieB! Lots to celebrate this year!

Sunshine7
Apr 05, 2024 12:34 pm

Nothing to worry about. Going on 8 years with an ostomy. Had my first colonoscopy this year. I have no colon or large intestine though. They went through my stoma! Imagine that. No pain before or after. You go to sleep and wake up not knowing what happened. You'll be okay. Pics are pretty cool.

ron in mich
Apr 05, 2024 1:09 pm

Hi Dexie, that's some good news you got. Now go out and kick up your heels for your birthday.

Caz67
Apr 05, 2024 3:35 pm
Reply to DexieB

Fantastic news, Dexi. Enjoy your weekend. XX

Differentclass
Apr 11, 2024 9:26 pm
Reply to DexieB

Brilliant news, Dexie. I'm so happy for you. Keep it up and go and have some fun without all the worry 😊x

Differentclass
Apr 11, 2024 9:30 pm
Reply to Sunshine7

Here in the UK, they don't sedate you unless requested. I recently had polyps removed through a stoma... very fun... NOT! Had some gas and air and sung a few ABBA songs through the procedure.

DexieB
Apr 12, 2024 1:47 pm
Reply to Differentclass

What? That's horrible. They use 'conscious sedation' here, at least for all the colonoscopies I've had... but I never woke up during the others. Not sure what happened this time - I think my body is just revolting because I've been "put under" five times within the past year! I've had enough! LOL. Glad you got those polyps out though - and you're good for a while now!