Desperate for Relief: Need Surgery ASAP!

Replies
Views
Abefroman1969

Decided to go forward with Ken/Barbie butt procedure the first week of June, had to wait 8 weeks for the 3-scope procedure and then 10 days for pathology.

So everything is good to move forward with the K/B butt, fixing parastomal hernia and prolapsed stoma.
First offer for surgery was October! I politely declined and asked for ASAP. Two plus years of blockages, ileostomy surgery, ridiculous amounts of pain and bills just stacking up, I literally can't afford to wait.

The GI and the surgeon both gave me their cell numbers, I've told them both I'll be texting daily until I get a date for surgery.
I can see the light, I just want out of this cycle of pain and helplessness.

Thanks for reading and I hope to have things other than my illness to talk about soon!
Abe

HenryM

Power on, buddy.  You'll get to where you want to be soon enough.  Stay tough.  HenryM

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,505 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

SallyK

Focus on the light. I will cross my fingers, toes, and anything else for you if I think it will help! Sending loads of love and positive vibes your way! Rant any time!!! Always, always here to listen.

Abefroman1969

Thank you Henry and Sally, I really appreciate the support.
Since I had my ileostomy in January, finding this site has been my go-to for the people and the help. It's been a great resource of health and levity. I appreciate all of you!

Abe

Homie With A Stomie NS

You got this....stay strong, smile on....

We are with you, my friend

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
AlexT

October isn't that far away. I wanted my surgery the day after I stopped the chemotherapy and radiation, but had to wait 3 months until I could have surgery. I worked all through my chemotherapy, radiation, and up until 4 days before surgery, so that helped pass the time. Find some simple thing to occupy your mind/thoughts, and it'll be October before you know it.

bowsprit

Persevere, Abe. Things will get better. All the best wishes.

Beth22

Abe, I am so sorry you have to go through all of that.. Can I ask why you have had so many blockages? I just got mine revised like a day ago. Lol, she was beyond flat and retracted and would get stuck, sucked in my stomach, and then would swell. She was stuck on stupid. Lol, I hope they get you in quicker.. And you have no more problems.

Abefroman1969

Tentatively scheduled for the 17th, one week from today.

Beth,

My blockages were pre-ostomy, scar tissue in the colon basically decided it was time to just close the opening. When they did the ostomy, they had to clean out 11 liters of impacted stool. Insurance denied TPN, so I was forced to eat with no way to get it out.

Alex,

After 2 years, I've done what I can hobby-wise. This should have been done when I spent the entire month of May in the hospital but wasn't. The decision to proceed with the surgery was made the day after I got out of the hospital. So I'm already 9 weeks into waiting. Also, physically and financially waiting until October would be devastating to me. Luckily, the surgeon, like me, wants it done right away. Then after I heal, I can get my own snow leopard!

Bowsprit,

Thank you. I'm doing the best I can.

Homie with a Stomie

Thank you, Tracey. My doctors and nurses love your handle, and I don't appropriate it as my own.

Casper9

Hang in there, Abe!

Sending you strength and support.

Casper

Justbreathe

Let me guess... due to Covid there has been a delay in the shipment of Barbie Butts ;-; sorry but my attempt at humor is my modus operandi.

In all seriousness, you have been through so much - my heart goes out to you! Hopefully those docs will be able to accommodate you sooner - in the meantime, I am hoping you can keep a positive attitude. Fingers crossed for you! Rants are good to get things outta your head - though laughter is better for your brain and well-being.

We are all rootin' for ya - we'd be tootin' too if we could - ;jb

AlexT

Has anyone told Abe about the initiation "jump in" to being a gang member? I hope he's up to it.

TerryLT

Hang in there Paul. You will get there! I totally relate. I had four surgeries in two years, plus several hospitalizations for blockages and had to wait for several months for my last one, then had it cancelled a few times (three or four? lost count) before it finally went ahead. All good now, and it will be for you too. Stay positive! I know, easy to say.

Terry

nobecindy7
Reply to Abefroman1969

Good luck, getting mine on September 1st, pre-op on your surgery day. Hope all goes well, prayers!

Abefroman1969
Reply to AlexT

Now wait just a second, joining a gang is quite possibly the worst hobby I can think of!

Abefroman1969

Ken Butt has been delayed, my hidradenitis is too bad right now for skin grafts so they are removing the rectal stump but leaving the anus. Also possibly moving the ileostomy because of the prolapse and fixing the parastomal hernia. I can't wait to have the prolapse fixed, having 3-4" of intestine hanging out of my stoma bothers me to no end. Going in on Wednesday the 17th. Waiting on the pre-surgery COVID test then in I go. Already confirmed my favorite nurse will be there when I'm admitted after surgery. I've been given zero info on a timeline for my stay after the surgery, I'm fine with that, they have been wrong on every estimate of recovery with me, I'm planning on a month.

AlexT

Good luck.

Caz67

Good luck with the surgery and recovery, Abe. We're all rooting for you and awaiting your post when you get time. XX

SallyK

Good luck, Paul.

Sobecool

Good luck!! I have the same exact issues now where the stoma was (3) repaired and then put on the left side. The right side has a tangerine-sized hernia. I am scared to do the Barrie/Ken butt. Do they say it helps? No one has approached me with this option. I wish you a speedy recovery!
Cheers,

Pascale

Abefroman1969
Reply to Sobecool

Pascal, I'm so sorry I'm just now seeing your post. You have been through quite a bit yourself!

I would ask your doctor about Barbie Butt, there must be a reason for them not suggesting it. There is no reversal from it, so if there is a chance your doctor thinks he can reverse your ostomy in the future, he won't suggest it.

Best of luck to you!