Recovery and Gratitude: My Journey as an Ostomate

Replies
Views
Killshot_24523

Done, I am now an ostomate. I am home with very little pain. I am walking but do tire quickly. Not much of an appetite, but try to eat in small snippets.

Prior to surgery, my wife talked to the surgeon about preserving the prostate nerves so we could hopefully have near-normal sex going forward. He did, but he cautioned us after surgery it cost him time and me blood. The loss of blood took me completely out for over 2 days. But, with 3 transfusions, I finally felt a little alive on Monday.

I got the pathology report as I was checking out. I am now cancer-free. Thanks for all the thoughts and well wishes. It's all about healing and living from here on out.

HenryM
Thumbs up to you! Here's wishing you a speedy recovery.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,497 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

ron in mich

Hi KS, it sounds like you had a good surgeon and you're on a path to a good life. Good luck.

gentlejohn

Welcome to the club! My colectomy/ileostomy gave me my life back. Since you have an ostomy for the holidays, I must share this which was posted in the UOAA newsletter:
5 reasons it's awesome to have an ostomy during the holidays-
https://www.ostomy.org/5-reasons-its-awesome-to-have-an-ostomy-during-the-holidays/

AlexT

Good to hear you're cancer-free.

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
TerryLT

Hi KS, and welcome to our exclusive club! You seem to be well on your way and your positive attitude will help you going forward. Good for you!

gairdinspreagtha

Blessings on being cancer-free and healing.

Redondo

Happy for you! Many blessings for living your life!

dmo101

Welcome to the club!!!!! I am a member for 31 years. It is a bit rough at first, but in time you will hardly know it's there most of the time. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!

freedancer

Congratulations on being cancer-free!!

Dam711

Congratulations on your fight to become cancer free! I also got that same great news in July, just 3 days before my birthday. After a 6-year fight myself. Good luck and best wishes for you and yours! ?????????????????????

Killshot_24523

I haven't figured out how to like comments, so consider all the comments liked by me.

Killshot_24523

I haven't figured out how to like a comment. So, consider them all liked by me.

TerryLT

Hi KS, for some reason 'blogs' will not let you 'like' a reply. Only the blog itself can be 'liked'. If you post a topic in the forum, however, you can 'like' a response to your post.

Terry

dannyd7563

Hope you're still doing well!

Barbiedoll34c

Best of luck to you!